VH reunion news from rolling stone - oh no

• Thread starter Thread starter evhfan
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
ratter":992ee said:
Frankie wasn't a hockeystick. It started with a cbs large fender-style head. Then a couple of small fender-style heads. Then a Pacer style head. I don't remember seeing a hockeystick on it until much later...probably after it had been retired by the 1984 and then 5150 kramers...

DING!! DING!! DING!! WE HAVE WINNER!

Steve

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":162c7 said:
>|<>QBB<

I've already said it's unpossible. Please make a note of this for future reference.

Any chance you could change your avatar now that NAMM is over? That "man bag" fanny pack is just disturbing...

Steve

>|<>QBB<
sah5150":de772 said:
>|<>QBB<

Any chance you could change your avatar now that NAMM is over? That "man bag" fanny pack is just disturbing...

Steve

Don't try playing your reverse physiological games on me. I know you're digging the FP!

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":3a68b said:
I caved under the peer pressure. Is that better?
69652372145b9401655211.jpg

O RLY?

Do you have any fanny shots of that new chick in your avatar Bob? She is hot! :o

>|<>QBB<
ratter":77bdf said:
>|<>QBB<

Tell him what he wins Bob!
Well... its a beautiful Maytag WASHER/DRYER!!! This beautiful set is valued at $1125 and features the durable construction that Maytag is known for. CONGRATULATIONS to our contestant, RATTER!

Steve

>|<>QBB<
sah5150":e30f8 said:
>|<>QBB<

See, I disagree with this. In fact, it is just flat out incorrect. The real Frankie from '78-'82 was almost always a strat headstock. Ed retired the guitar at that point and built a replica of Frankie (there were actually 2) in the Kramer shop with the Hockey Stick headstock. He used that for a short time, however, by 1984 the guitar he was using was rear-loaded and no longer had a pick guard. This guitar (the 5150 Kramer) had the Hockey Stick as well. The real Frankie was never really gigged with the Hockey Stick, it had a Hockey Stick for a short time, but was so trashed it was retired. For example, the "Kramer Ad Frankie" is a replica. This is well documented here:

http://www.vintagekramer.com/5150c.htm

and here:

http://www.vintagekramer.com/5150f.htm

Note the two Frankie replicas and the one picture of the original with Hockey Stick and with other necks. He used the original with Hockey Stick in the studio, but never gigged it that way. Frankie is a strat headstock guitar from 1978-1982 (many different necks of course). He gigged a replica in '83 and by 1984 was exclusively gigging the 5150 Kramer until the EBMM...

Thank you and goodnight,

Steve

Those links are pretty freaking cool!

Sorry but I am all about the hockey stick :x

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":974d2 said:
For me Frankie was all about the hockey stick :x

Except you never saw it with one except for the pictures I provided the link to. Silly boy! :P :lol:

Steve

>|<>QBB<
sah5150":d4444 said:
>|<>QBB<

Except you never saw it with one except for the pictures I provided the link to. Silly boy! :P :lol:

Steve

My hate for Fender runs very deep, I create my own historical facts.

Back