Ibanez 7620 vs. 7421

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
I dunno, but you can score both of those things for ridiculously cheap. I had a 7620 or 7621 (whichever one has a fixed bridge and is made in Japan) that I got for $120.

EDIT: It was a 7621.

ac7f2a46.jpg

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":94114 said:
I dunno, but you can score both of those things for ridiculously cheap. I had a 7620 or 7621 (whichever one has a fixed bridge and is made in Japan) that I got for $120.

$120??!!!??? I'm not seeing them go for that low, in fact, I don't see many 7620's up for sale at all.

I think as long as I'm patient, I'll end up finding a good deal on a 7 string.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":ad109 said:
>|<>QBB<

$120??!!!??? I'm not seeing them go for that low, in fact, I don't see many 7620's up for sale at all.

I think as long as I'm patient, I'll end up finding a good deal on a 7 string.

I just put it on Ebay as soon as I got it, it only sold for about $350 or so.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":722b5 said:
How does the 7421 compare to the 7620?

76** Made in Japan
74** Made in Korea

Go for the 7620 it's got a proven reputation IMO :)

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":23cbf said:
>|<>QBB<

76** Made in Japan
74** Made in Korea

Go for the 7620 it's got a proven reputation IMO :)

LOL... some dude on the local craigslist has the 7421 listed for $600. BWAHAHAHAHA....

I've got a 7620 and a friend just gave me a 7421 (whichever model mega posted) the other day. They pretty much feel the same. If I don't get the new 8 string, I'll probably order a 1527 and do some mods to it....

You mean...besides the fact that one is a hardtail and one has a LoPro7?

I had both and they were equally nice but different. The 7421 sounded much punchier in the attack department thanks to the hardtail bridge :)

I have a 7620 and I like it. I bought it for $300 from Slaytallica. I'm currently refinishing the body so I haven't played it recently but it feels extremely similar to the 1527s I have.

>|<>QBB<
Harvest":23857 said:
The 7421s were made in Japan too.

http://www.jemsite.com/ibanez/spec_ib7.htm

Nice spot. For some reason I thought the 74** were a downgrade from the 76** in some sort of way.

I think the 76** came with the Low Pro Edge trem and Dimarzio's stock, not sure what the 74** were equipped with.

Shiny_Surface is correct

7620 has the nicer trem, and dimarzios

7420 has the cheaper trem, and ibanez pickups

otherwise i'm pretty sure they're identical...i know they're both made in japan, i bought a 7420 real cheap in a pawn shop and should've kept it

the 7621, and 7421 are the hardtail versions of the above mentioned

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":a1cae said:
I've got a 7620 and a friend just gave me a 7421 (whichever model mega posted) the other day. They pretty much feel the same. If I don't get the new 8 string, I'll probably order a 1527 and do some mods to it....

how much for the 7421? :D

ooo, didn't realize that

it's also bad kharma not to have pics and/or clips of a gift

>|<>QBB<
Code001":3ce8b said:
You mean...besides the fact that one is a hardtail and one has a LoPro7?

No, the hardtail is a showstopper for me, so that's enough.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":ea4e2 said:
>|<>QBB<

Get out of here, you're stepping on my territory.

that one has a hardtail anyhow :oops:

if the trem is important to you, i'd say the 7620 is probably the one you'd enjoy most...the the 7420 can be had cheaper

Back