Tried out a few amps today and brought one home...

• Thread starter Thread starter Juggernaut
  • Start date Start date
I'd be interested in some suggested settings as well. There's been quite a buzz around this amp, and I'm hoping to try one out as soon as it hits our local mom & pop PV dealer (no GCs around here unfortunately).

Much appreciated!

My local shop has one and with a modded sd-1 in front I was getting some great tones. I'm not an el34 guy so I passed but it sounded way better than the price tag would ellude to.

Cool! Thanks so much Chris!

Are you using the High or the Low Gain input? Also, do you have Texture set to class A/B or A?

Thx!

Congrats on the amp Chris...

Anton showed an all tube Crate 2x12 combo that was basically like a Marshall handwire and it was in the same ballpark pricewise and it sounded awesome!!! a few pedals and youre in friggin tone heaven for next to nothing!!

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":f2669 said:
>|<>QBB<

I really honestly have NO IDEA. I don't even know what I want to accomplish with another amp. lol... I'm still digging the Budda SD45. A couple amps I'm thinking about are:

Mesa Stiletto
Budda Twinmaster/Verbmaster head
VHT Deliverance (again)

But yeah, I really don't know!

Get the second version or the Ace if you're gonna go with a Stiletto. I wasn't very impressed with the original. What about the Randall Lynch Box?

OK...gotta ask, even though it seems like you're going to return the Peavey, you liked it a lot more than the Triaxis rig right?

:)

Yeah, I'd heard good things about those from other people as well. I'd be interested to hear what they sound like.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":3ceed said:
Well............ I don't think I'll keep it. It's partly because this is a "budget" amp and I'm not on a tight budget, since I sold the TriAxis/2:50 rig. Also, it totally rubbed me wrong when a little piece of the power tube socket broke off by wiggling a tube to get it out. That's not going to work.

So yeah, I'll return it probably on Monday. But I still stand by the fact that this is a GREAT sounding amp for $400 new. No doubt about it. I highly recommend it for people that play '80s rock and are on a super tight budget.

Chris

Hey Chris,
I don't know if you will have time, but it would be awesome if you could make clips before returning it. I think we have all heard your Marshall clips so it would be cool to compare. If its too much work don't worry about it.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":34f29 said:
>|<>QBB<

You have both??? I had a D120 before. I'm not 100% sure I'll go back with a Deliverance, but if I did, I'd probably try the D60 next time.

Chris

Let me know if you want to go with the D60. Remember Im not far from Carbondale.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":16ec5 said:
>|<>QBB<

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you're pretty close! DOH...

So what's the deal here? You have a D60 and D120 and thinking about selling one of them?
Yep leaning towards letting one go. Cant decide which. Im getting one of the new JVMs through Steve so dont need three heads, especially two of the same model. Im keeping one and I have the D412 which this half stack will never go anywhere. Im serious I love this amp and I will always have one. I just want to add an amp that I can get some more straight up Marshall tones so Im trying the JVM.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":a6ed8 said:
>|<>QBB<

Well, there's a problem... I don't have any mics here at the house right now. They're all over at the rehearsal place. :( I wish I could record, 'cause I'd make some clips of this amp for sure. I'd like to hear how it records myself.

Chris

no problem :wink:

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":1ca66 said:
>|<>QBB<

I hear ya. I missed that D120 after I sold it. That lack of a loop really drives me crazy, though.
Understand but I really dont mind cause the tone is too good and with my Flip tube echo in the face it doenst sound bad at all.

Back