Help me figure out this computer error!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter nickname009
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":c404b said:
Eeew most of that XP tuning stuff is useless. I've messed with it all so much over the years and I can't say I never noticed a real increase in performance on any computer I ever tried it on. It did mess some stuff up, though. :retard:
:?

Most of them are, yes... however this site I pointed him to is definitely noticable.

>|<>QBB<
nickname009":e4446 said:
I have XP with service pack 2, and i never used to have this problem before when recording and such, I like to believe my ram is fine, I bought it in accordance with the motherboard type etc.

HOwever I DID go to that XP tuning site where you tune your XP settings to enhance recording and such, I DID change the paging file stuff, but I also remember changing it back to something else...so I would need some help on setting recommendations for the paging file stuff. Please walk me through it if you can, i know how to get to it, (right click my comp, properties, advanced, performance--settings, advanced, virtual memory--change) I don't know what value i should put and such.

I've got 2 hard drives, one paritioned with only windows and small misc stuff on it (C:) about 20 gigs, the other partition is random stuff, also about 20 gigs and my other hd is a 120gig HD for my music/recording.
Hope that helps!

Re: your paging file.

Right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Performance Settings button > Advanced tab > Change button. Check the radio button that says Custom Size. Set this value for approximately 1.5X the amount of RAM you have. For instance, if you have 512 M of RAM, set it for 768M (both boxes!). Then click the set button. Then click OK.

It may prompt you to restart.

>|<>QBB<
shredhead666":48e15 said:
>|<>QBB<

Re: your paging file.

Right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Performance Settings button > Advanced tab > Change button. Check the radio button that says Custom Size. Set this value for approximately 1.5X the amount of RAM you have. For instance, if you have 512 M of RAM, set it for 768M (both boxes!). Then click the set button. Then click OK.

It may prompt you to restart.

Ok, i know how to do it, WHICH harddrive do i do it to? I've done it to all 3, and it still fucks up, and now I've done it to just the harddrive that has cubase on it, and still fucks up. I have a gig of ram btw.

>|<>QBB<
nickname009":538ca said:
>|<>QBB<

Ok, i know how to do it, WHICH harddrive do i do it to? I've done it to all 3, and it still fucks up, and now I've done it to just the harddrive that has cubase on it, and still fucks up. I have a gig of ram btw.

Your paging file should only reside on one logical hard drive partition. You shouldn't have separate paging files.

Back