SPAM: Peavey 5150 - PRICE DROP!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":6683c said:
So is this amp really going to sell at that price? I mean I'm sure the Sylvania's where great tubes like 10 years ago......maybe I'd buy into the old blockletter hype but I've had a blockletter, a sig, and a II.....they all pretty much had the same sound...not that big a diff....at least to me...

Maybe....but I think it is a little high. I sold mine on ebay mint for about that.

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":b659f said:
>|<>QBB<

Maybe....but I think it is a little high. I sold mine on ebay mint for about that.

Wasn't yours a 6505 though? I know they're the same, but people will pay more for a block letter 5150 just because.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":d38f9 said:
>|<>QBB<

Wasn't yours a 6505 though? I know they're the same, but people will pay more for a block letter 5150 just because.

Maybe....my buddy has a blockletter and couldn't get $600 for it locally. Ebay you might though.

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":09bee said:
>|<>QBB<

Maybe....my buddy has a blockletter and couldn't get $600 for it locally. Ebay you might though.

Yeah, Ebay rules. Everyone made fun of me and said I got ripped off when I bought that weird violin looking Caparison for $1800, but I sold it for $3000. :D :lol:

=D> :partyman:
welcome back!!

still totally in love with my BM

finally worked out how to log into this prik forum too :D

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":81559 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, Ebay rules. Everyone made fun of me and said I got ripped off when I bought that weird violin looking Caparison for $1800, but I sold it for $3000. :D :lol:
Doh! :x

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":0e1ec said:
>|<>QBB<

Mega,

I know you're going to report all your capital gains on gear when you do your taxes, right?? :wink:

>|<>QBB<
Zach":3205e said:
still no takers?

I'm just letting the auction run. 20 watchers so far, hopefully one will throw in a bid near the end of the auction.

Honestly, this is a great deal for someone wanting an original 5150.

If you factor in the quality tubes, this is the classic 5150 tone one might be looking for.

I know people say the + or "reissues" might be similar, but as far as 5150's go...the block letter is the best of them all, IMO.

>|<>QBB<
Japetus The Great":0d50e said:
Honestly, this is a great deal for someone wanting an original 5150.

If you factor in the quality tubes, this is the classic 5150 tone one might be looking for.

I know people say the + or "reissues" might be similar, but as far as 5150's go...the block letter is the best of them all, IMO.

Go Rams! :D

Back