I got chummed

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainfreak
  • Start date Start date
Gainfreak
Gainfreak
Some of you already know that I was supposed to join a new band and that I have been busy learning about 40 + tunes or so. Well it seems as if the guitarist that I was going to replace asked to re-join the band and after the guys have been basically avoiding me, I finally got the word that he is back in and I'm out. I'm friends with the guys so there are no hard feelings but Im a bit pissed that they left me hanging instead of telling me what was up. Needless to say, I'm done with the coverband shit.

Just thought I would post an update because a lot of guys on here helped me keep focussed on learning the tunes!!!

Peace!

Ralph

That's lame as fuck that they were avoiding you. Sucks to hear man.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":5957d said:
That's lame as fuck that they were avoiding you. Sucks to hear man.

I was told by another friend that he thinks that they were avoiding me because they weren't sure if the guy was going to flake on them .....but whatever! On the upside, I learned a lot of tunes hahaha! :D

It also gives you more time to enjoy some of those wonderful photoshop creations of yourself. :mrgreen:

I've heard some of your clips, i don't think you will have any trouble finding another band to jam with.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":da3d6 said:
It also gives you more time to enjoy some of those wonderful photoshop creations of yourself. :mrgreen:

Those pictures are incredible!! That said, Leave it up to bob to post the worst picture of me making a face at him!!

BTW, I dug your Ratt clip!! I'll make a hairmetal guy out of you yet hahaha!!! :D

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":3fa05 said:
>|<>QBB<

Those pictures are incredible!! That said, Leave it up to bob to post the worst picture of me making a face at him!!

BTW, I dug your Ratt clip!! I'll make a hairmetal guy out of you yet hahaha!!! :D

LOL, you're the new EVH and Zakk Wylde. :lol: Thanks for the comments on the 80s metal clip. 8) I'm still trying to find some good 80s metal like Dokken and the such.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":125ea said:
>|<>QBB<

I was told by another friend that he thinks that they were avoiding me because they weren't sure if the guy was going to flake on them .....but whatever! On the upside, I learned a lot of tunes hahaha! :D
Shitty! ...but on the upside you can definitely think of it that way...you learned a bunch of songs, picked up some cool licks...hopefully it inspired you to play alot more lately, and that's a good thing. ;)

Yeah that sucks man. That guy that you were supposed to replace will flake out again and leave them high and dry, it's just a matter of time. Make sure you're never available for them.

I know you are more ripped than you are letting on due to your on-line persona and for other reasons....I am sorry this happened Ralph :(

I would be f#$@ing pissed!! :x

Send 'em a bill for the time you wasted learning their shitty songs! :lol:

That sucks man. I was once on board to do the entire leads for a bands new album, but it was to be studio only. They basically cut me out last minute because they wanted one of their buddies to play the guitar parts live, and he couldnt play anything I wrote, so I was suddenly out :oops: :(

There is a Peters Dual Channel that needs to be played tonight....It will make you feel better....

Dude, that sucks!! Know how much I'm really sorry to hear this has transpired. But, in hindsight, if they are the kind of people who'd do this to -- a friend? -- then you're better off not being involved at all.

Once you cheer up, you'll see that you need to start a band with me! :)

Sorry to hear that Ralph. I remember you learning all those tunes in such a quick time. Thats happened to me once or twice; usually the guy flakes again and you get the call...would you go back if that was the case?

>|<>QBB<
GRIZ":bf281 said:
I've heard some of your clips, i don't think you will have any trouble finding another band to jam with.

Thanks for the kind words Griz!

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":b6634 said:
>|<>QBB<Shitty! ...but on the upside you can definitely think of it that way...you learned a bunch of songs, picked up some cool licks...hopefully it inspired you to play alot more lately, and that's a good thing. ;)

Thats how I'm taking it but to be honest with you, NAMM inspired me to play more!!

>|<>QBB<
Oblivion DC":b6634 said:
Yeah that sucks man. That guy that you were supposed to replace will flake out again and leave them high and dry, it's just a matter of time. Make sure you're never available for them.
Yup, I am no longer available if he does quit.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":b6634 said:
I know you are more ripped than you are letting on due to your on-line persona and for other reasons....I am sorry this happened Ralph :(

Nah bro, Im cool with it. I'm just a bit surprised that they waited to tell me and how the chose to tell me.

>|<>QBB<
Rufus Leaking":b6634 said:
I would be f#$@ing pissed!!

Send 'em a bill for the time you wasted learning their shitty songs!
:hys:

>|<>QBB<
Alchemist":b6634 said:
That sucks man. I was once on board to do the entire leads for a bands new album, but it was to be studio only. They basically cut me out last minute because they wanted one of their buddies to play the guitar parts live, and he couldnt play anything I wrote, so I was suddenly out :(
That really sucks!! Scew them!!

>|<>QBB<
Pepi":b6634 said:
They don't sound like true friends :( :x

I agree!

>|<>QBB<
BerkleeBill":b6634 said:
Dude, that sucks!! Know how much I'm really sorry to hear this has transpired. But, in hindsight, if they are the kind of people who'd do this to -- a friend? -- then you're better off not being involved at all.

Once you cheer up, you'll see that you need to start a band with me! :)

yeah, I was really surprised by there behaivor. I can understand them letting there old guitarist back.. truly... but the way they handled the situation was sketchy at best!!

When do we start the new band? :D

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":b6634 said:
Sorry to hear that Ralph. I remember you learning all those tunes in such a quick time. Thats happened to me once or twice; usually the guy flakes again and you get the call...would you go back if that was the case?

At this time I would not join unless they did some explaining and even then Im not so sure I would like to work with people who could leave you high and dry like that.

Back