Way OT........Dyson vacuums....worth it??

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
Digital Jams
Digital Jams
Here is the situation..........

2 kids
German Shepherd
2 long hair cats
active household

I like the design and attachments the Dyson has and bagless sounds cool but $500 is steep.

Anyone have one??

Have one, Its ok but some people claim they break down alot.

I just keep it empty and clean it whenever i can, never had a problem.

>|<>QBB<
maiden_fan":44b5a said:
Have one, Its ok but some people claim they break down alot.

I just keep it empty and clean it whenever i can, never had a problem.

I have not heard about the breakdowns :?

I have a Hoover now and I have to tear it down at least once a month to clean all the crap out of it, hair gets things all screwed up :x

My god I have a dirty household :cry:

My wife insisted we get a Dyson "Animal" as soon as she heard of them. We've had it about a year and a half with no trouble. We have a Golden Retriever that sheds her body weight in about a day, and it seems to work great.

And yes, it does suck. :D

Just got one and I can get big discounts on Hoover vacuums right now.

I have heard of some issues with them, only time will tell.

I got the DC14 Model, it was the target only model with special attachments for cleaning cars and the like. The previous owner had a cat and a dog. I only have a bird and turtle. :D

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":ab17e said:
>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":ab17e said:
Here is the situation..........

2 kids
German Shepherd
2 long hair cats
quote]

Not sure if any vacuum has a model with a bag big enough :lol: :lol:

MAn we go through a bag every two weeks and it is starting to cost gear money :x

Thanks for the responses, reconditioned ones go for about $399 for the DC14 and I could always return it if I am not digging it.

our first one broke (burning smells are bad, basically), but the replacement seems pretty good.

We don't have pets though, we just have the normal one.

:cheers:

5 kids 1 yellow lab. We bought the animal and the extra warranty from best buy. After about 3 years the vac needed service and they had trouble getting the parts so they gave us credit to buy another which we did. They are the best but get the extra warranty. I started shaving the lab this last fall and now we have very little dog hair in the house.

>|<>QBB<
bill":38767 said:
5 kids 1 yellow lab. We bought the animal and the extra warranty from best buy. After about 3 years the vac needed service and they had trouble getting the parts so they gave us credit to buy another which we did. They are the best but get the extra warranty. I started shaving the lab this last fall and now we have very little dog hair in the house.

What went out on the old vacuum? Why couldn't you get parts?

I have the DC-07. My cat is a major shedder and I've had no problems. It's a great vac.

We looked at them but they looked very cheap to me. They weren't rated real great in consumers reports either. I can't remember the model that was tops but it was Sears. Probably a Hoover :?

Send it to Mark Cameron to get modded. It will be the best-sounding Vacuum in CT. No doubt.

Back