I got chummed

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainfreak
  • Start date Start date
Ralph, that sucks big time, but with your chops you shouldt have a problem finding a gig. hell, you should just hit a shit load of open mics, walk in, play, and leave. bet a whole lot of guys wouldnt even go on after you. too tough to follow.

I have a solution Ralph!
You said you have been at your job too long already.
Make a change of scenery, move down here. We
could have a killer band. I am your rhythm guitarist
in waiting!

8)

sorry to hear man, it's lame that they left you hangin like that...at the very least they could've given you a maybe, a temporary decision, or something

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":55616 said:
sorry to hear man, it's lame that they left you hangin like that...at the very least they could've given you a maybe, a temporary decision, or something

LMAO at the avatar!! :lol:

Getting dicked is getting dicked, it's not cool. Sorry to hear of it man, if you're looking, I hope you find something you like soon. I hope to come up to NYC sometime in the relatively near future, you gotta let us know of gigs if you jump in with anybody, it'd be a great part of the trip for me to see you guys jam out.

Peace brother.

Fuck cover bands, especially the ones who get rockstar attitudes.

Wouldn't be my "friends" too much longer after that......"friends" dont do shit like that.

>|<>QBB<
Tnjpekar":783ce said:
Ralph, that sucks big time, but with your chops you shouldt have a problem finding a gig. hell, you should just hit a shit load of open mics, walk in, play, and leave. bet a whole lot of guys wouldnt even go on after you. too tough to follow.

Thanks for the kinds words bro!! I will give you a call when I am out your way visiting my sister!!

Im kind of disappointed at this whole thing to be honest....

I got to see Ralhie play with this band and he was AWESOME in it. The whole Group was but Ralphies presence made it even moreso...

The band plays alot and that would have kept Ralphie very Frosty and it would have been extra Kwan( which never hurts) for him. It also could have been a conduit to bigger and better thing; getting him xposure to other killer players for his original stuff...

the whole thing sucks IMO...

Kage

>|<>QBB<
deadwrong666":64fb0 said:
Wouldn't be my "friends" too much longer after that......"friends" dont do shit like that.

I personally think that they handled the situation wrong but I don't think it was done with bad intentions. I'm pretty sure that they waited to tell me because they weren't sure if there old guitarist was going to stay or not. Needless to say if the guitarist quit again, and they asked me to do the gig, I would say no.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":674ee said:
Some of you already know that I was supposed to join a new band and that I have been busy learning about 40 + tunes or so. Well it seems as if the guitarist that I was going to replace asked to re-join the band and after the guys have been basically avoiding me, I finally got the word that he is back in and I'm out. I'm friends with the guys so there are no hard feelings but Im a bit pissed that they left me hanging instead of telling me what was up. Needless to say, I'm done with the coverband shit.

Just thought I would post an update because a lot of guys on here helped me keep focussed on learning the tunes!!!

Peace!

Ralph

Dang man, those are your friends???!!???

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":9af2c said:
>|<>QBB<

I guess they are more acquaintances then friends huh!! :D

Well, if they're friends, they have an interesting way of keeping the communication channel open. I'm sure they didn't mean to screw you, but I think letting you know what's up along the way would be the right thing to do so you didn't spin your wheels learning all the tunes. I mean, you're a lazy bastage too, so it's painful having to learn... :D

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":9cfc3 said:
Some of you already know that I was supposed to join a new band and that I have been busy learning about 40 + tunes or so. Well it seems as if the guitarist that I was going to replace asked to re-join the band and after the guys have been basically avoiding me, I finally got the word that he is back in and I'm out. I'm friends with the guys so there are no hard feelings but Im a bit pissed that they left me hanging instead of telling me what was up. Needless to say, I'm done with the coverband shit.

Just thought I would post an update because a lot of guys on here helped me keep focussed on learning the tunes!!!

Peace!

Ralph

Let me know when their next gig is. I'll over night you a double portion of Carl's Junior so you can show your support from the crowd.

Moshralph.jpg

Back