Way OT........Dyson vacuums....worth it??

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
I have the yellow Dyson, forget the model number. I had 2 dogs and 2 kids when I bought it a few years ago. I now have 3 kids and a new dog that sheds like a maniac. The vacuum picks up an insane amount of stuff out of the carpet, does well on the hard wood floors and never skips a freaking beat. Easy as hell to empty and clean. Also easy to disassemble incase you get a super hero or monster truck caught up inside of it.

I owned many a hoover before this and I will never look back after owning a Dyson. I just got my wife a Irobot Roomba Discovery for the front of the house. She wanted it badly and it does rock. Push a button and the thing works its ass off till the floor is clean, then it parks itself back on its base and recharges. Gotta love it lol.

By the Dyson, you won't be sorry.

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":a7eea said:
Send it to Mark Cameron to get modded. It will be the best-sounding Vacuum in CT. No doubt.
Sure for higher gain...Peters makes a nice lower gained version.

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":20f8c said:
>|<>QBB<Sure for higher gain...Peters makes a nice lower gained version.

It may take 9 months to get your vacuum back... but once you do.. the neighbors WILL be jealous!

I don't know what went as it was in the Best Buy repair shop. Works good I do the car detailing with it also.

We've wanted one ever since we saw a Discovery Channel story on Dyson. We got an Animal on sale at Target. Works well.

>|<>QBB<
tweed":c32c6 said:
I have the yellow Dyson, forget the model number. I had 2 dogs and 2 kids when I bought it a few years ago. I now have 3 kids and a new dog that sheds like a maniac. The vacuum picks up an insane amount of stuff out of the carpet, does well on the hard wood floors and never skips a freaking beat. Easy as hell to empty and clean. Also easy to disassemble incase you get a super hero or monster truck caught up inside of it.

I owned many a hoover before this and I will never look back after owning a Dyson. I just got my wife a Irobot Roomba Discovery for the front of the house. She wanted it badly and it does rock. Push a button and the thing works its ass off till the floor is clean, then it parks itself back on its base and recharges. Gotta love it lol.

By the Dyson, you won't be sorry.

That is what I needed to hear.....sold :D

Another quality Vrad / RVS drive by highjacking I see :x :D

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":bfa61 said:
Here is the situation..........

2 kids
German Shepherd
2 long hair cats
active household

I like the design and attachments the Dyson has and bagless sounds cool but $500 is steep.

Anyone have one??

I have one, I bought a Kirby w/ the shampooer etc... It kills the Dyson, way more gain... :D

>|<>QBB<
Zachman":47a3c said:
>|<>QBB<

I have one, I bought a Kirby w/ the shampooer etc... It kills the Dyson, way more gain... :D

Midi programmable loaded with Eventide plug ins too knowing you :D

Zach, you need to check out the new Eventide delay pedal, it freaking rocks!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":9ec5a said:
>|<>QBB<

Midi programmable loaded with Eventide plug ins too knowing you :D

Zach, you need to check out the new Eventide delay pedal, it freaking rocks!

I heard, I heard... VERY promising. Pat gave me the play by play of NAMM. I really wish I could've been there. I AM planning on being there next year, though.

I am getting goofy, waiting for my rig, but that is part of the deal I guess. GRRRRR.

I have been going off with the Mojave Peacemaker lately with the Electro Harmonix LPB2 (Boost) and I just giggle to myself everytime I fire it up. I am still going W/D/W with the line out of the Hotplate feeding the Intellifex into the Boogie Simul 395 and using the 3 Marshall cabs with the H30's. I switch back and forth between the Fuchs ODS SLX, the Boogie MKIII Coliseum and the Mojave Peacemaker.

Mentoneman (Pat) is SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!! Knowing ALL of my favorite pedals are in LA (STILL), he sent me a MXR Dyna Comp and an Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer which are very nice to have and have been helping with the jones build up, via the rack being away from home.

Anyway, If you are thinking about getting a Dyson, I have the yellow one with the tags still on it and the original box. I used it about 4 times total and will be happy to sell it to you for the HOM discount price. It'll save you a ton. Let me know.

>|<>QBB<
Zachman":cc16e said:
>|<>QBB<

I heard, I heard... VERY promising. Pat gave me the play by play of NAMM. I really wish I could've been there. I AM planning on being there next year, though.

I am getting goofy, waiting for my rig, but that is part of the deal I guess. GRRRRR.

I have been going off with the Mojave Peacemaker lately with the Electro Harmonix LPB2 (Boost) and I just giggle to myself everytime I fire it up. I am still going W/D/W with the line out of the Hotplate feeding the Intellifex into the Boogie Simul 395 and using the 3 Marshall cabs with the H30's. I switch back and forth between the Fuchs ODS SLX, the Boogie MKIII Coliseum and the Mojave Peacemaker.

Mentoneman (Pat) is SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!! Knowing ALL of my favorite pedals are in LA (STILL), he sent me a MXR Dyna Comp and an Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer which are very nice to have and have been helping with the jones build up, via the rack being away from home.

Anyway, If you are thinking about getting a Dyson, I have the yellow one with the tags still on it and the original box. I used it about 4 times total and will be happy to sell it to you for the HOM discount price. It'll save you a ton. Let me know.

Got to meet Pat, first word out of his mouth was "VAI!!!!!" :D Great guy and wish I had the chance to hang more with him!

The tone JR had with the stereo Cornford / Mesa rig through mesa 1x12s was beautiful, one of the best tones I heard on the floor. I now have my mesa running through the gmajor and taking that to the 2/50/2 for the w/d rig....never going back :D

I will call ya this week for the Dyson high gainer!

They're shit Scott. I've got a good friend that manages a PC Richards store here in NJ and he said that they're nothing but problems. I bought a Kenmore cannister vac 5 years ago (after the wife begged for one) and it still works as hood as the day we bought it. My yellow lab sheds all friggin year round and this vac has never had a problem with it...

>|<>QBB<
AmpliFIRE":f5327 said:
They're shit Scott. I've got a good friend that manages a PC Richards store here in NJ and he said that they're nothing but problems. I bought a Kenmore cannister vac 5 years ago (after the wife begged for one) and it still works as hood as the day we bought it. My yellow lab sheds all friggin year round and this vac has never had a problem with it...

:x

I have a Hoover windtunnel, the best they had in 2003, and I have to keep tearing that thing apart to clean it. We must be some dirty bitches here :x Bags are killing me :cry:

Extended warrenty will be a must!

$500 too expensive?

LOL! My folks have this old Kirby from like 1974. The thing probably cost $2100 back then. You'd swear it's made of cast-iron, and still works better than any vacuum I've ever seen.

They're basically commercial vacs. I think most hotels use them.

We have the purple one - forget the model. My wife is like a vacuuming freak and has it out at least twice a day. It works OK but we wouldn't buy another one. It's supposed to never lose suction, but it does. The holes get clogged and to pull the canister apart to clean them takes a Herculean effort. My wife can't do it, so that's my job. Once it does open up, the shit flies everywhere so I have to do it outside.

It's no fun wrestling with the Dyson while freezing your balls off in January. :x

I'd like to stick a bowling ball up that guys ass... see what kind of suction he has.... :D

the colors don't really matter so much these days, as they are starting to release more colors in each line.

We have a Dyson and we love it. We've had it for about a year and it's great, and no problems (knock on wood).

The prices are steep, but if you play it smart you can get good deals.

We got ours on a weekend when Kohl's had them marked down about 15%, and then we used on eof those post card mailers where you get 30% off, so we got a brand new one for 45% off the regular 500 tag...I don't know if you have kohls where you live, but I'm sure there are stores like it where you can find deals.

FWIW, Target had a limited edition Dyson in pink where some of the money went to breast cancer research or something...Anyway, they didn't sell real well so they had them on clearance for 75-100 bucks across the US...These were for the DC07's. That was a GREAT price!

Back