I got chummed

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainfreak
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":9a1cf said:
>|<>QBB<

Well, if they're friends, they have an interesting way of keeping the communication channel open. I'm sure they didn't mean to screw you, but I think letting you know what's up along the way would be the right thing to do so you didn't spin your wheels learning all the tunes. I mean, you're a lazy bastage too, so it's painful having to learn... :D

Boy do I hear you!! The fact of the matter is that I postponed being lazy and learned almost the whole set. I sent out a few e-mails and a few Phone calls and not hearing from them I knew something was up.
Bottom line is that they are certainly not the type to screw people over but a phone call after he rejoined the band would have nice.

WTF? Thats weird considering you tore it up when you pulled double duty for them and your other band. I personally cant see anyone else doing a better job but I guess thats their friend and thats where their loyalties lay. Atleast you can take comfort knowing that you're a talented bastard.

Personally I think you should join a kickass metal band where your abilities can truly be appreciated and even pushed. You've got the skills, you've got the look and best of all youre a great guy.

Its really their loss.

Hey Ralphie

That sucks big time and im gutted to hear this! I know you were learning all those songs and working hard at it. But i hope you wont let shit like this bring you down, you got chops that i only dream i could have man so put em to use!!!

I personally think you should move to the UK and be in a band with me... il let you share my Cameron with me :D :D

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":6e7d1 said:
Moshralph.jpg

oh man, thats just WRONG on sooooooooooo many levels..... 8) :lol:

Should I send up Bruno and the boys to take care of some...business? :shotgun:

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":8262c said:
>|<>QBB<

Boy do I hear you!! The fact of the matter is that I postponed being lazy and learned almost the whole set. I sent out a few e-mails and a few Phone calls and not hearing from them I knew something was up.
Bottom line is that they are certainly not the type to screw people over but a phone call after he rejoined the band would have nice.

was in a similar situation a while back...auditioning for this technical death metal band (not really my thing, but they're cool guys & great musicians that had their act together) on bass

i bought a bass, spent a few weeks workin on my chops, jammed with them a few times, busted ass learning their stuff as best i could...then they stood me up a few times, and kinda quit calling me

turned out they found someone who was better suited for the job (i was adapting ok, but i was never really a BASS player) which i was totally cool with their decision...just wish they woulda called and told me what was up

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":8bb74 said:
Some of you already know that I was supposed to join a new band and that I have been busy learning about 40 + tunes or so. Well it seems as if the guitarist that I was going to replace asked to re-join the band and after the guys have been basically avoiding me, I finally got the word that he is back in and I'm out. I'm friends with the guys so there are no hard feelings but Im a bit pissed that they left me hanging instead of telling me what was up. Needless to say, I'm done with the coverband shit.

Just thought I would post an update because a lot of guys on here helped me keep focussed on learning the tunes!!!

Peace!

Ralph

Damn; sorry to hear that, man. That really sucks. Maybe you could find another band that will want to play a good number of the same songs you've already learned.

Back