Talk to me about Greenbacks and Heritage Greenbacks and Pre Rola and stuff!

• Thread starter Thread starter hairydangler
  • Start date Start date
hairydangler
hairydangler
Ive never had a cab with greenbacks and would love to try one. What would you recomend? Im sure a vintage pre rola would be the place to start but baring that which would you recomend? I know the Heritage is expensive. Would I get the sweet sound it I bought brand new?

I may be in the market for a 1x12, 2x12, or 4x12 with the right speakers.

Discuss!

I have a 72 cab with just post-Rola (they changed over in 71/72, I believe) Greenies. It's fantastic.

Check out the Scumback speakers sold by Jim at southbayampworks.com Still pricey, but sound great. I keep an eye on the Gear Page for them used.

Got cabs with Pre-Rola, Heritage, regular 80s and regular greenies...
My fave are actually the Heritage, tht said...any Greenie once broken in will do.

>|<>QBB<
Buckeyedog":b8986 said:
Check out the Scumback speakers sold by Jim at southbayampworks.com Still pricey, but sound great. I keep an eye on the Gear Page for them used.

Never heard of them until the other day. Maybe I should look into it. Im lazy though. Someone tell me more!

I think I may use my mesa wisebody 1x12 as a guinea pig to try different speakers. I wonder what vintage type speakers have the least efficiency? Im looking for low efficiency if possible for loudness issues.

if you want true pre rola greenback tone there is only one speaker to buy,ted weber pre rola clones,check it out what some guys are saying about them...
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=9694

the heritage greenbacks are awsome too but there based off of 20 watters which had different cones and sound different than the 25 watt greenbacks..

I may be working a deal on a 2x12 with scumbacks.

ok im going to let a secret out,these wbers are the same speakers scumbag sells.if anyone wants them here is what to order..
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=9790

i will leave this posted for a few days then im taking it down..

>|<>QBB<
cloudnine":ec023 said:
I have a 72 cab with just post-Rola (they changed over in 71/72, I believe) Greenies. It's fantastic.

They changed in late 69 or early 1970. I had a Marshall basketweave cab with the original Greenbacks and that was a 1970 cab and i dated the speakers using the Doyle book which is a great book for looking up old serial numbers and whatnot. Anyway, my 1970 cab was post Rola.

FWIW, i heard some Pre Rola speakers at Daves yesterday and they sounded aweful. Other Greenbacks he had sounded much better. And some of the best 25 watters IMHO are the Blackbacks that came in the mid-late 70's checkerboard cabs.

Anyone try Tone Tubby ceramic hemp cones ? A cheap version of that hemp cone driver was licensed to eminence for the canabis rex.

Food for thought

>|<>QBB<
bmf5150":332a9 said:
ok im going to let a secret out,these wbers are the same speakers scumbag sells.if anyone wants them here is what to order..
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=9790

i will leave this posted for a few days then im taking it down..
Damn that guy's clip sounds pretty nice...now I'm gassing to try them.

Back