New Guitar Day: Vigier Excalibur

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
King Crimson":83ebb said:
>|<>QBB<

Bob, I thought you had the red one that's on your CD, no? Or did/do you own multiple Vs?

Yes, I have the red Excalibur Custom and had the black Excalibur Original. The black one is actually the guitar I used for 99.99% of the CD, but took the picture with the red one because it matched my lipstick.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":6c289 said:
Those guitars are really nice. I played one at Guitar Asylum and i liked it a lot. The neck felt great and i thought it was very easy to play fast on. And they seem to be very well made guitars with a lot of attention to details.

Yeah, it's a nice guitar for sure. My only complaint is that the edges of the frets are sharp and stick out a bit. I just played it through my buddies Yamaha T100C combo, and it sounded pretty good, but I need to play it through my rig to really tell how it sounds.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":566aa said:
>|<>QBB<

Yes, I have the red Excalibur Custom and had the black Excalibur Original. The black one is actually the guitar I used for 99.99% of the CD, but took the picture with the red one because it matched my lipstick.

:hys:

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":5239b said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, it's a nice guitar for sure. My only complaint is that the edges of the frets are sharp and stick out a bit. I just played it through my buddies Yamaha T100C combo, and it sounded pretty good, but I need to play it through my rig to really tell how it sounds.
Take some 400 grid sanding paper to it...

>|<>QBB<
degenaro":116c3 said:
>|<>QBB<
Take some 400 grid sanding paper to it...

Do you think 400 is fine enough?

And just in case anybody is wondering, I told Mark about the tiny protrusions that are on some of the fret edges and that I was planning on talking to Patrice about it at NAMM. Mark wanted it as-is. They're small enough that I never even noticed it while playing. It wasn't until I was laying on the couch watching T.V., stroking the neck (I guess I wasn't much up for playing...) that I noticed. I've since noticed that my Custom is the same way.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":e991d said:
>|<>QBB<

I'll probably do that. Were yours like that as well?
My Excalibur yes,my SL and BBF were pretty smooth. That said wood changes over time, and this can happen.

The only guitars that I own that felt like running your hand across a cheese grater were my Steinbergers and that was before I was willing to sand stuff down. Took forever to get those broken in.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":4ecc9 said:
>|<>QBB<

And just in case anybody is wondering, I told Mark about the tiny protrusions that are on some of the fret edges and that I was planning on talking to Patrice about it at NAMM. Mark wanted it as-is. They're small enough that I never even noticed it while playing. It wasn't until I was laying on the couch watching T.V., stroking the neck (I guess I wasn't much up for playing...) that I noticed. I've since noticed that my Custom is the same way.

Yeah, it's not a big deal or anything, but if I can just sand them down that would be cool. I don't wanna fuck anything up though. :oops:

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":b59b4 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, it's not a big deal or anything, but if I can just sand them down that would be cool. I don't wanna fuck anything up though. :oops:

I know what you mean. I didn't touch it because I knew I was selling it, but I'm going to take the sand paper to my Custom... actually, it's not bothering me while playing, so maybe I won't. :?

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":dc5eb said:
>|<>QBB<

Dunno whether it's fine enough...but that's usually the only grid I have laying around...and you know how I'm in terms of lazyness. :)

>|<>QBB<
degenaro":e5ece said:
>|<>QBB<
Dunno whether it's fine enough...but that's usually the only grid I have laying around...and you know how I'm in terms of lazyness. :)

:lol:

So 400 would be fine then? And I assume I should go easy on the frets with it right?

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":8f737 said:
>|<>QBB<

:lol:

So 400 would be fine then? And I assume I should go easy on the frets with it right?

You may need some 800 grit too to smooth out the finish. Just sand the edge of the neck where there's a protrusion, don't do any sanding on the frets themselves.

What, no pics of the autographed fanny pack? How am I supposed to know if the one I am bidding on is the real deal or not?

Oh, and very nice guitar!

Bob,
You don`t happen to have any pics of your other one on hand, do you?
-Jesse

>|<>QBB<
gybe!":93ff0 said:
What, no pics of the autographed fanny pack? How am I supposed to know if the one I am bidding on is the real deal or not?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The fanny pack is sacred, no pics can be taken of it!

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":1f21d said:
>|<>QBB<

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The fanny pack is sacred, no pics can be taken of it!

:D

I can just picture you tearing it up on your new Vigier, wearing a fanny pack :lol:

:rawk: METAL!!!

Back