New Guitar Day: Vigier Excalibur

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":b7fd1 said:
>|<>QBB<

:D

I can just picture you tearing it up on your new Vigier, wearing a fanny pack :lol:

:rawk: METAL!!!

The guitar doesn't make any sounds unless you are wearing the fanny pack while playing. Bob programmed it that way. :D

That's the best looking guitar you've bought in a while dude. I really like it.

Nice guitar Mega....congrats man. I thought the Iron Maiden strat was never going up for sale ? What happened ? :)

That guitar looks better than any of the Caparisons you've owned. Great looking and I'm sure it plays like a dream! Congratulations!

Congratulation, great guitar. I own myself a excalibur indus. The non locking trem is great and i use it as a floyd. The ball bearing system is awesome and i think the floyd might be undetunable.

>|<>QBB<
mrdoud":ce587 said:
Congratulation, great guitar. I own myself a excalibur indus. The non locking trem is great and i use it as a floyd. The ball bearing system is awesome and i think the floyd might be undetunable.

Undetunable? :?

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":f449b said:
>|<>QBB<

As in bar abuse.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I was fucking around with the trem on this thing last night, and it wouldn't go out of tune. Real nice trem, definitely as good as an OFR or the Schaller's on my Caparisons.

>|<>QBB<
jonny toetags":d6bcd said:
Now the question is.... Excalibur or Blue Dellinger :? :D

I'll have to wait until after next weekend to make that call, when I get to play them both through the Blackmore. 8)

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":12ae8 said:
>|<>QBB<

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I was fucking around with the trem on this thing last night, and it wouldn't go out of tune. Real nice trem, definitely as good as an OFR or the Schaller's on my Caparisons.

I've not played a guitar that stays in tune as well as the Vigier's. That's not to say there are none, but the ball bearing trem is just genius IMO.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":36a7d said:
>|<>QBB<

I've not played a guitar that stays in tune as well as the Vigier's. That's not to say there are none, but the ball bearing trem is just genius IMO.

After watching Kage and Mark on your Vigier I cannot disagree with you on this one...talk about abuse :o The neck construction is very interesting as well with the lack of truss rod.

How does it compare to caparisons playability and fret work???

8)

>|<>QBB<
onehourburn":d1d91 said:
How does it compare to caparisons playability and fret work???

8)

The fretwork is better on the Caparisons I've played, and I prefer the Caparison necks and neck joint, they're just more comfortable to me. This thing is still a killer guitar though, don't get me wrong. Can't go wrong with either brand IMO.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":3e769 said:
>|<>QBB<

The fretwork is better on the Caparisons I've played, and I prefer the Caparison necks and neck joint, they're just more comfortable to me. This thing is still a killer guitar though, don't get me wrong. Can't go wrong with either brand IMO.

What made it better?

Grind?
Crowning?
Did you straight edge the frets?

Edges.....maple is going to do that on any guitar due to climate change and not a good way to judge the fret work. One of the Caparison's at NAMM had that issue, just wood doing what it does.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":1a862 said:
>|<>QBB<

What made it better?

Grind?
Crowning?
Did you straight edge the frets?

Edges.....maple is going to do that on any guitar due to climate change and not a good way to judge the fret work. One of the Caparison's at NAMM had that issue, just wood doing what it does.

I've owned 7 or 8 Caparisons and the fret work has been perfect on all of them, really smooth and flawless. I've had a number of guitars with maple boards as well, and none of them had jagged fret edges. I'm not bashing the Vigier at all, I was just answering the question.

Back