Windows Vista.......yes or no????

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
I use FL with BFD and the drums sound pretty darn good mr scissors, the problem with BFD is the amount to tweaking options....you could sit there for hours tweaking.

I can even send each drum piece to it's own FL channel....once I get my new machine that is.

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":032dd said:
>|<>QBB<

Nothing wrong with Reason, but it's very different from Fruity Loops. I actually like recording stuff and then loading it into FL just because of the layout and the ease of making any parameters adjust themselves throughout the track.

It's also cheap and lifetime updates are free if you buy it from their site or pay them like $20 or something.

I'm just hoping they make it capable of multi-track recording right onto the playlist window where you can make it show audio. It'd be the perfect all-in-one program for me then.

The lack of audio recording capabilities is my biggest beef with Reason. They have so much cool shit built in, but they didn't put in any audio multi-tracking??? Sure, I can do that with Rewire into Cubase, but then Cubase takes over my MIDI keyboard and the Reason bank doesn't translate right (if anyone knows how to get my Axiom, Reason AND Cubase to play nice together I'd be very appreciative. I'm relatively new with the MIDI stuff...).

I guess what I like most about Reason is all the sound-routing capabilities. You can make some very unique sounds if you play with the patch side of the rack.

That, and Reason Pianos is THE BOMB.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":c0b4c said:
Well just read a thread stating that 650 meg of ram was used with nothing launched on an update to Vista..........no way Vista now.

Sheeeeeeeeeet....I need close to a gig just for fully loaded kits on BFD.

That's ridiculous. Most likely that's just bad coding in a rush to get it out the door.

>|<>QBB<
shredhead666":ba56c said:
>|<>QBB<

That's ridiculous. Most likely that's just bad coding in a rush to get it out the door.

The guy posting does know what he is doing so I am sure he will trim the fat but yeah that is nuts.

XP for me.

>|<>QBB<
Variable":ae2de said:
>|<>QBB<

I see two versions on TorrentSpy already, one of 'em is Enterprise Edition and the other is Ultimate. Looks like there's a crack to basically turn off the 14-day trial counter so you never have to activate.

Anyway, the scary part I read in the EULA is for Windows Defender; it basically can scan your system at any time and kill whatever it wants according to the EULA. This is only supposed to be "spyware, adware and viruses". The way it is written, though, it could delete a "false positive" without your permission, or even knowing for that matter.

Also, the DRM rules for HD mean that even if your hardware is capable of playing HD content, if it's not something MPAA likes, your signal will be downsampled to craptastitude. Gotta love those "features" :D

Defender flags VNC as a malicious program. Doesn't even take into account the method of how hit was installed. And it USED to flag Novell's Netware client before it was released out of Beta - that was hilarious.

>|<>QBB<
Variable":16d58 said:
>|<>QBB<

The lack of audio recording capabilities is my biggest beef with Reason. They have so much cool shit built in, but they didn't put in any audio multi-tracking??? Sure, I can do that with Rewire into Cubase, but then Cubase takes over my MIDI keyboard and the Reason bank doesn't translate right (if anyone knows how to get my Axiom, Reason AND Cubase to play nice together I'd be very appreciative. I'm relatively new with the MIDI stuff...).

I guess what I like most about Reason is all the sound-routing capabilities. You can make some very unique sounds if you play with the patch side of the rack.

Uhh... I'm pretty sure you can do audio multi-tracking w/ Reason... I seem to recall a demo video on their website where they did that.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":30044 said:
>|<>QBB<

The guy posting does know what he is doing so I am sure he will trim the fat but yeah that is nuts.

XP for me.

XP's perfectly fine. I just wish they'd backport the re-engineered TCP/IP stack that ships with Vista for XP.

Debian Linux w/ Gnome for me.

Uhh... I'm pretty sure you can do audio multi-tracking w/ Reason... I seem to recall a demo video on their website where they did that.

nope...

you can import audio files into the .rex player or samples but thats the best your gonna do..

Reason Drumkits sound awesome

but FLstudio is a way more in depth program..you could basically do full productions on it if you are savvy ( I am not of course!)

how can i say this??????????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>|<>QBB<
t-rave":cdd71 said:
nope...

you can import audio files into the .rex player or samples but thats the best your gonna do..

Reason Drumkits sound awesome

but FLstudio is a way more in depth program..you could basically do full productions on it if you are savvy ( I am not of course!)

Hmm.. that's odd. The video demo I remember seeing had a guy inputting a track via a MIDI controller and pretty much recording it real-time, or was he talking about recording multiple .wav audio tracks?

FWIW, I found a cool video demo for beginners using Reason.

http://www.propellerheads.se/video/Reason_beginners_QT_better.mov

>|<>QBB<
shredhead666":1ef53 said:
>|<>QBB<

Hmm.. that's odd. The video demo I remember seeing had a guy inputting a track via a MIDI controller and pretty much recording it real-time, or was he talking about recording multiple .wav audio tracks?

FWIW, I found a cool video demo for beginners using Reason.

http://www.propellerheads.se/video/Reason_beginners_QT_better.mov

I'm talking about realtime wavform multitracking. IE, what Cubase, Sonar, ProTools, Logic, etc do out of the box. Reason can do realtime MIDI multitracking, but cannot record audio, only import pre-recorded audio through Dr. Rex and the many different sampling devices.

I'll check out that video later tonight.

>|<>QBB<
Variable":660f2 said:
>|<>QBB<

Then don't rewire. Just export the junk you've got in Reason.

That would be slower way of doing things, but it would work.

macmax":17d87 said:
slick- stable= Mac

That's your comment not his, you fabricated it to make it look like he said that and not you.

You have some sort of hate campaign going on, lol

>|<>QBB<
-=MYK=-":9d195 said:
>|<>QBB<

Then don't rewire. Just export the junk you've got in Reason.

That would be slower way of doing things, but it would work.

I could do that. It'd just be nice if it was all in one program, of course :D That and being able to adjust individual levels after recording the audio in case something is too loud, etc, without having to bounce back and forth. I'll probably just live with Rewire and not do too much real-time synth editing until I figure out all the in-depth MIDI stuff.

FL is very odd. The program itself didn't really change between versions 4 and 6. They just added more and improved plug-ins of their own.

However, ever since they totally redid it in 4, you have been able to record from inside the program, but you have to go to the audio file editor to get to it and you can only do one track at a time. It's very weird.

Also, you can make it display audio files and edit them in the playlist window just as you would in any recording program if you want, but you can't just record to it right there. :?

That's all it is really missing that I could think of, and after two new versions, it's still exactly the same there.

vistabw7.gif

Hi Scott :D

I have to admit that the honeymoon is wearing off with Mac OS X. I admit that I love the OS but it is less stable in *my* experience with it. In particular, QuickTime and VLC. They both break down and they won't die even with a "kill -9!" I try to logoff and the OS just sits there. I have to reboot the entire machine to fix this problem. I'm downloading Vista to check it out.

Back