Need gainfreaks Mk IV settings diagram

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
yngzaklynch
yngzaklynch
Fellow forumite Mudder just got my Mk IV I sold him. He loves it. I think Ralph's settings are the way to get started. Somebody please post the diagram.

Enjoy Chris. You ever need a refernce for an amp sale use me. Guys he threw in extra cash for the shipping and was a pleasure to do business with.

hal9000MarkIVSettingsGainfreakRevB.jpg

Probably due to V1 my treble on the Lead Channel is now around 7.5/8 and the far right slider is lower, too much highs going on.

Man I need to call Doug.....

I actually used the 240 and 2200 sliders much higher than Ralph's settings but thats a good starting point.

Well I guess I'm caught and everyone can have a laugh on me if the JVM suks. :D I'm optimistic it'll work for me.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":e2b00 said:
Well I guess I'm caught and everyone can have a laugh on me if the JVM suks. :D I'm optimistic it'll work for me.

Huh?

Let me say that dealing with Jim was a pleasure. He went out of his way to ship tubes and head separately, even labelling each tube for it's slot. The head was packed like the Ark of the Covenant, box in a box, my UPS guy probably has a hernia now. Excellent communication the whole way.

Big +1 for Jim.

By the way I am in love with this thing. My neighbors will hate me, I can't stop messing with stuff and playing some more.

>|<>QBB<
Mudder":f91da said:
Let me say that dealing with Jim was a pleasure. He went out of his way to ship tubes and head separately, even labelling each tube for it's slot. The head was packed like the Ark of the Covenant, box in a box, my UPS guy probably has a hernia now. Excellent communication the whole way.

Big +1 for Jim.

By the way I am in love with this thing. My neighbors will hate me, I can't stop messing with stuff and playing some more.

Sorry, but I believe the Ark of the Covenant was housed in only a single box.

That's wrong. That myth was started by the same dude that said the Engl Powerball can't do leads.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":0850c said:
That wrong. That myth was started by the same dude that said the Engl Powerball can't do leads.

The PB can do leads, it's just the guys the play it that can't. Can I get an amen!!!??!!

>|<>QBB<
Mudder":0cecd said:

Big +1 for Jim.

Glad it got there ok. Yeah you don't have to tell me how sweet that amp is. The Mesa Mk IV is a fantastic amp in so many ways. It was difficult to part with.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":be3c7 said:
>|<>QBB<

Glad it got there ok. Yeah you don't have to tell me how sweet that amp is. The Mesa Mk IV is a fantastic amp in so many ways. It was difficult to part with.

I've been looking for the 1/2 back Mesa cab loaded with MC-90's that Ralph recommends to see how it sounds. I haven't been as happy as I should be with my Bogner and VHT cabs with the MKIV. Nonetheless, it's a kickin' amp.

Back