Need gainfreaks Mk IV settings diagram

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":39341 said:
>|<>QBB<

I've been looking for the 1/2 back Mesa cab loaded with MC-90's that Ralph recommends to see how it sounds. I haven't been as happy as I should be with my Bogner and VHT cabs with the MKIV. Nonetheless, it's a kickin' amp.

I gotta admit that I liked the Mk IV with the Rectifier 4x12 better than the Uberkab. Still the Bogner is a sweet sweet cab.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":9e2c2 said:
>|<>QBB<

I gotta admit that I liked the Mk IV with the Rectifier 4x12 better than the Uberkab. Still the Bogner is a sweet sweet cab.

You know, I've been tempted to try to find a good deal on a Recto traditional 4x12 slant to try out, but I'm just thinking I still won't like it.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":a0cc8 said:
>|<>QBB<

You know, I've been tempted to try to find a good deal on a Recto traditional 4x12 slant to try out, but I'm just thinking I still won't like it.

If I find that the JVM is a keeper I may try to find a greenback loaded Marshall Slant. I think it might get some really sweet tone with tose and although straight cabs are supposed to sound fatter I've always loved the look of slant cabs. Plus if I keep the Marshall I might as well get a matching cab. The Uberkab is a seriously good cab though. We'll see.

That new VHT looks great. Hope to try one someday. I still think the VHT 50CL is one of the best amps I've ever played through.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":7415a said:
>|<>QBB<

If I find that the JVM is a keeper I may try to find a greenback loaded Marshall Slant. I think it might get some really sweet tone with tose and although straight cabs are supposed to sound fatter I've always loved the look of slant cabs. Plus if I keep the Marshall I might as well get a matching cab. The Uberkab is a seriously good cab though. We'll see.

That new VHT looks great. Hope to try one someday. I still think the VHT 50CL is one of the best amps I've ever played through.

I've been watching for a Deliverance or CL at a smoking price, and if one presents itself before I blow a bunch of money on a 7 string, I'll probably do it. Why, I'm not sure since I already have 3 amps, but that's how it goes...

I played a non graphic EQ 50CL through a VHT Slant 4x12 and it was just sick!

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":025fc said:
I played a non graphic EQ 50CL through a VHT Slant 4x12 and it was just sick!

When I had my UL, I found that the way I dialed in the EQ ended up sounding just like it did when not engaged. :irre:

I think I could do without the EQ.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":bd8a3 said:
>|<>QBB<

I would just take your amp to any store that has a Boogie cab and try before you buy. Saves time and money!!

That said, The MC90 cab will own!!

and

Marshall gas has a new meaning since NAMM!!! :hys:

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":55646 said:
>|<>QBB<

I would just take your amp to any store that has a Boogie cab and try before you buy. Saves time and money!!

and

Ralph if the JVMis a keeper what Marshall cab would you say is the best fit? I very well may just stick with my Uberkab but I've always felt that if I found a Marshall head I was gonna keep a matching cab would be in order.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":53fff said:
>|<>QBB<

and

Ralph!

I missed out on it because I was hesitant to buy it (local), but how do the 1/2 back cabs that have 2 MC90's and 2 EV's sound?

"Marshall gas" will never smell, I mean, sound the same again.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":abed8 said:
>|<>QBB<

Ralph if the JVMis a keeper what Marshall cab would you say is the best fit? I very well may just stick with my Uberkab but I've always felt that if I found a Marshall head I was gonna keep a matching cab would be in order.

If you are into cosmetics then you could loose the bogner cab and get a Marshall. If it was me, I would swap the speakers out of the Bogner or if you are still stuck on Marshall ,get a Marshall cab with some greenies.
I like lower wattage speakers with Marshalls but the amp did sound good with v30's and Im not a v30 fan (still think it would crush through a greeback cab though!!)

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":07d0c said:
>|<>QBB<

If you are into cosmetics then you could loose the bogner cab and get a Marshall. If it was me, I would swap the speakers out of the Bogner or if you are still stuck on Marshall ,get a Marshall cab with some greenies.
I like lower wattage speakers with Marshalls but the amp did sound good with v30's and Im not a v30 fan (still think it would crush through a greeback cab though!!)

It would take a lot to get me to part with my Uberkab but I can't say it won't happen. Prediction on how it will match up with the JVM?

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":6cbaa said:
>|<>QBB<

It would take a lot to get me to part with my Uberkab but I can't say it won't happen. Prediction on how it will match up with the JVM?

Well, yeah, I remember a post some time back about the MKIV NEVER going. :D

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":f930b said:
Well I guess I'm caught and everyone can have a laugh on me if the JVM suks. :D I'm optimistic it'll work for me.

I really couldn't afford the JVM but I'm getting one anyway. But i think i will have to decide which amp to keep between the IV and JVM. I could sell a guitar but i would rather own 2 guitars and 1 amp instead of 2 amps.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":1e42c said:
>|<>QBB<

Ralph!

I missed out on it because I was hesitant to buy it (local), but how do the 1/2 back cabs that have 2 MC90's and 2 EV's sound?

I wonder if Ralph tooted and made himself pass out before he answered my question? I did hear a loud PHRAP, and I don't think it was me.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":a72ca said:
>|<>QBB<

Ralph!

They Sound very Mean!! Steve has 2 of those cabs at his studio and I like them alot. The Half back cab with all 4 Mc90's will be a bit darker sounding but both KILL.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":cb474 said:
>|<>QBB<

I really couldn't afford the JVM but I'm getting one anyway. But i think i will have to decide which amp to keep between the IV and JVM. I could sell a guitar but i would rather own 2 guitars and 1 amp instead of 2 amps.
I got one amp and 3 electrics. If the JVM can't get the tones I want I missed my guess.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":a3815 said:
>|<>QBB<

They Sound very Mean!! Steve has 2 of those cabs at his studio and I like them alot. The Half back cab with all 4 Mc90's will be a bit darker sounding but both KILL.

I got screwed on my halfback cab... It was suppose to be C90s in the top and EVMs on bottom... the EVMs are there, but it's ML70s on the top, not bad, just not what I had expected.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":9e359 said:
>|<>QBB<

I like mean! Figures I missed it. I should have asked earlier.

Back