A very different Zakk Wylde

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
I like this reply...

"wow i learned so much from watching the idiot wank around for 10 minutes..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, I forgot he actually played guitar. Not much of an "instructional video though".

Yeah but how often do we see metal guys play like that with a clean tone? Not very.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":befec said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ArHvSMUlzdQ

I doubt to many here can play this fast this cleanly without a lot of gain.

I can easily play that fast, and pretty damn close to that clean on quite a bit of that stuff. Could I do stuff that sounds as awesome as Zakk's? Uh, HELL NO, but I can play :D Although I couldn't do those bluesy-chord type stuff fast like that, probably not even close to that speed or as clean. I suck ass with chords that are more than 3 strings :lol:

I miss when he played acoustic stuff. I LOVE his acoustic music sooooooooooo much.

Zakk really loves playing around frets 5 and 7, doesn't he?

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":0dc72 said:
Yeah but how often do we see metal guys play like that with a clean tone? Not very.

He's still boring as fuck IMO, with distortion or without. Different strokes though.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":bfd63 said:
>|<>QBB<

He's still boring as fuck IMO, with distortion or without. Different strokes though.

His solos are pretty boring. Not quite Malmsteen boring, but not too far away from that. His rhythms are fucking SWEET though. Simple as hell, but just so catchy and heavy.

Here ya go bro
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6OOrWqIzgxU

>|<>QBB<
Qweklain":eab20 said:
>|<>QBB<

I can easily play that fast, and pretty damn close to that clean on quite a bit of that stuff. Could I do stuff that sounds as awesome as Zakk's? Uh, HELL NO, but I can play :D Although I couldn't do those bluesy-chord type stuff fast like that, probably not even close to that speed or as clean. I suck ass with chords that are more than 3 strings :lol:

I miss when he played acoustic stuff. I LOVE his acoustic music sooooooooooo much.

Zakk really loves playing around frets 5 and 7, doesn't he?

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":03fff said:
>|<>QBB<

Some of his stuff bores me to but when he gets it right he's the shit!

Wow, kinda cool. I've got more respect for his playing after watching those vids. It seems like he's got a lot more going on than just the metal stuff. I'm not really a big fan of Ozzy or the BLS stuff, but I like the playing I heard him do in this thread.

>|<>QBB<
Oblivion DC":53116 said:
Wow, kinda cool. I've got more respect for his playing after watching those vids. It seems like he's got a lot more going on than just the metal stuff. I'm not really a big fan of Ozzy or the BLS stuff, but I like the playing I heard him do in this thread.

Everything you said is exactly the way I feel as well.

IMO Zakk was his best around the time of No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears. He used to pull off pentatonic speed licks at lightning speed, waay faster than he ever does now. And he was way more creative too!

i like zakks playing, i can admit i cant play anywhere near as fast. everybody likes to talk shit about zakk these days.

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":51dbd said:
IMO Zakk was his best around the time of No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears. He used to pull off pentatonic speed licks at lightning speed, waay faster than he ever does now. And he was way more creative too!
Agreed and Ill throw in Pride and Glory as well..

With the Right Clean, I can blaze as fast and clean as I can on a good dirty lead.... Its the in between, broken up stuff that I find difficult...

I like Zakk, theres no denying that the guy is an amazing player, he just isnt really showing what he can do anymore IMO...

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":b51ad said:

I agree, before his change the guy could rip and No More Tears is a monster solo for sure.

I guess I don't get the beer thing with Zakk. Its even in his amp adds in magazines. You never see him with a beer. I got nothing against Zakk but it seems odd to show him drinking from the beer before starting an instruction video :?

cool shit man. i have my opinions on zakk (good and bad) but the plain fact is- this man can play guitar.

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":d56cc said:
>|<>QBB< Agreed and Ill throw in Pride and Glory as well..

With the Right Clean, I can blaze as fast and clean as I can on a good dirty lead.... Its the in between, broken up stuff that I find difficult...

I like Zakk, theres no denying that the guy is an amazing player, he just isnt really showing what he can do anymore IMO...

I think Zakk has gotten lazy nowadays with creativity and coming up with new and fresh ideas. Back when he first hit the scene with Ozzy in 87, he had to play his ass off just to be accepted by most Ozzy fans and guitar fans in general.. almost purely for the fact that Ozzy's previous guitarists were so highly respected...

But because hes been accepted as a monster player for so long now, i think maybe he feels he doesnt need to go over the top and play his ass off just to get the respect from everyone?

Back