Boy did Randall poop the bed when they stopped making the RG100ES

• Thread starter Thread starter mctallica1
  • Start date Start date
mctallica1
mctallica1
This is a great sounding amp. In ANY price range. I have read that you need a boost and an EQ to get it into metal territory, but I really like it with just a boost and no EQ. It is capable of A LOT more than Dime tones.

The clean channel is pretty damn nice too.

The reverb is amazingly bad though :D

Interestingly, the more you turn it up, the better it sounds...AND... it keeps getting louder even after 12 oclock... which is pretty frickin loud! (unlike many SS amps that just start to thin out at higher volume).

I am extremely impresseds with this amp.

That's one Randall I've never played in person. I think they've switched owners 3 times since those days.

totally different amps. Different people running the company, different build quality. The rg100 is probably better. I own an rh200.

I have played the rh100 and thought it sounded good. I think it was a g2 version

I figured thats what you meant. The rh100 I played was used in a music go round. I think they were asking under $200 for it. I thought it sounded really pretty good, and very good for $200. It was awhile ago so I can't remember all the details, but I though it I even liked the clean channel.

I have the G2 rh200sc and I love the clean and chorus on it. At the time, I was A/Bing with a JC120. It was different, but comparable.

ya if I had the money on me when I played it I probably would have picked it up. It would have been a good amp for a back up or to keep at a practice space without worrying about tubes or anything. I paid more for pedals than they were asking for the amp. It was my first randall amp I played believe it or not. So I guess if the rg100 is that much better it must be a really sweet amp considering the used prices are not much higher for the rg's.

I want an ampeg but I think I am getting an rg200 in trade. Whats different from and RG200 and the 100? Just wattage? and does anyone have any decent pics of those 4 heads? the rg100 rg200 rh100 rh200. I have never even seen one in person never mind play one. It's pretty much being thrown into a deal as a deal sweetener. Leaves me wanting to know more haha.

>|<>QBB<
Joshtruction":3ad36 said:
I want an ampeg but I think I am getting an rg200 in trade. Whats different from and RG200 and the 100? Just wattage? and does anyone have any decent pics of those 4 heads? the rg100 rg200 rh100 rh200. I have never even seen one in person never mind play one. It's pretty much being thrown into a deal as a deal sweetener. Leaves me wanting to know more haha.

I just played the rh100 and don't much about randall amps but there are randall fans here so I am sure they will chime in.

>|<>QBB<
mctallica1":b2a80 said:
This is a great sounding amp. In ANY price range. I have read that you need a boost and an EQ to get it into metal territory, but I really like it with just a boost and no EQ. It is capable of A LOT more than Dime tones.

The clean channel is pretty damn nice too.

The reverb is amazingly bad though :D

Interestingly, the more you turn it up, the better it sounds...AND... it keeps getting louder even after 12 oclock... which is pretty frickin loud! (unlike many SS amps that just start to thin out at higher volume).

I am extremely impresseds with this amp.

Could you post clips of this amp?

I have a few of my rh200.

Attachments

• randall (Large).JPG
    randall (Large).JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,484
  • randclose (Large).JPG
    randclose (Large).JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 1,414
  • randrear (Large).JPG
    randrear (Large).JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,489
I have a RH250G2. It sounds pretty good for an SS amp. Sad thing is, I may have to sell it (among other things) to help pay my taxes.

I used to have an RG80ES head. About 6 or 7 years ago I called Randall/Washburn about some info on it, ........and they didn't have a clue.

Fucking sad.

>|<>QBB<
RaceU4her":b696e said:
Did you ever try an ampeg??

Yup... Love those too.

The VH140 C has more gain on tap, but the RG100es is more versatile.

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":8b86c said:
Glad you like it Tony, they do sound badass huh?

Yep, sure does.

I am going to move it along though. :P I bought it to check it out (as I had never played one before) and now that I have, I am going to move it to someone else.

I am on a huge Mako kick right now and am thinking of ordering a Dorado to go with my Makoplex :wink:

>|<>QBB<
64DUECE":a3744 said:
I used to have an RG80ES head. About 6 or 7 years ago I called Randall/Washburn about some info on it, ........and they didn't have a clue.

Fucking sad.

Yea when Washburn bought Randall, thats it, thats all they got was the Name, they didnt get any schematics, or engineering for the older amps, and they still are clueless about them....

Back