Gainfreak!!!!! What Eventide model do you have??

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
Digital Jams
Digital Jams
A studio in RI is liquidating and has several Eventide rack effects including several 41s.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":041c8 said:
A studio in RI is liquidating and has several Eventide rack effects including several 41s.

I don't have any!! I have a lexicon pcm80. I would love an Eclipse though!! Steve has the eventide stuff!!

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":c2721 said:
>|<>QBB<

I don't have any!! I have a lexicon pcm80. I would love an Eclipse though!! Steve has the eventide stuff!!

Shit.....wrong supersoaker :D

I meant Lexicon...holy crap the PCM80 is freaking still $$$$$$$ :o I know I want the Eclipse but the $$$$$$$ is killing me.

Then get a G-Force. Easy to program and sounds great.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":6a56b said:

I am really digging the Eventide delays and verbs, more so than the TC stuff right now.

You have to hear that pedal in action Tom, in stereo it is a beautiful thing :)

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":e1d55 said:
>|<>QBB<

I am really digging the Eventide delays and verbs, more so than the TC stuff right now.

You have to hear that pedal in action Tom, in stereo it is a beautiful thing :)

Scott,
Whatever you don't get from that sale, will you let us know? Those 41s would be killer, a great investment because folks are always wanting them, and they're just great units. And, I feel ya on the Lex/TC stuff... It's all a matter of taste and the Lex stuff just seems to be a bit more my flavor.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":5c694 said:
>|<>QBB<

Scott,
Whatever you don't get from that sale, will you let us know? Those 41s would be killer, a great investment because folks are always wanting them, and they're just great units. And, I feel ya on the Lex/TC stuff... It's all a matter of taste and the Lex stuff just seems to be a bit more my flavor.

y0 Matt.....

I am going to back off the PCM41 due to the fact I need to scrape more money up for the Eclipse. Of course I will continue to dumpster dive around. The PCM41 is listed in the Boston Craigs List for about 4-5 days ago. The title is studio out of business or something like that.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":f3569 said:
>|<>QBB<

y0 Matt.....

I am going to back off the PCM41 due to the fact I need to scrape more money up for the Eclipse. Of course I will continue to dumpster dive around. The PCM41 is listed in the Boston Craigs List for about 4-5 days ago. The title is studio out of business or something like that.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up bro. I hear ya on the Eclipse... I'm trying to hold off right now, I'm gonna grab an Axe-FX and some more routing gear to finalize the rig in working order... then start adding more stuff. :D I'm already at a bit overkill even after removing a few pieces... Axe-FX, Lexicon G2, Digitech DHP-33, Symetrix 606, and an amp... That's after removing a few rack pieces to use for a smaller rack. :D

>|<>QBB<
Code001":04f78 said:

Very true...
While the TC G Force sounds great, and is easy to tweak, so are the eventides.
If you A/B a G Force and an Eventide, they are worlds apart.
A lot of people think the G Force is transparent....until you A/B the two...LOL
The effects in the Eventides are so far superior.
Plus you can pick up an Eclipse for $1300-$1400 on Ebay. Well worth the price.
I have a G Force and an Eventide in my main rack that I have hooked up through my GCX to A/B or combine....
I love both, so that is why they are both there.
Steve

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":b1fb7 said:
>|<>QBB<

Very true...
I have a G Force and an Eventide in my main rack that I have hooked up through my GCX to A/B or combine....
Steve

I dig my Gmajor for what it is but man the Eventide delays and reberbs imo just sound bigger and clearer.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":7b59b said:
>|<>QBB<

I dig my Gmajor for what it is but man the Eventide delays and reberbs imo just sound bigger and clearer.

If you get the Eventide, you will shit a pickle at the sound quality and how much you can do to tweak and create your own effects that don't even exist.
Once I get my computer back, I'll post some clips of Eventide presets I invented...LOL
Steve

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":d2973 said:
>|<>QBB<

Very true...
Steve

Yes, the Eventide will probably sound better, but you'll have to deal with some lag with the present changes. It's also more difficult to program. However, if you can spring for it, the Eventide is usually the better buy. I plan on just ponying up the cash for an Eclipse.

There are ways to combat some of the lag between patches if you mess with the bleed over times of the time based stuff. Being the basement warrior I should be safe anyways :D

With the EMU 1820 I can use the Eclipse as a VST plug-in as well and I can monitor as well or just play wet and send the dry to another channel.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":6d82e said:
There are ways to combat some of the lag between patches if you mess with the bleed over times of the time based stuff. Being the basement warrior I should be safe anyways :D

With the EMU 1820 I can use the Eclipse as a VST plug-in as well and I can monitor as well or just play wet and send the dry to another channel.

:rawk: :wink: hehehehe, oh you've got it bad now, huh? I know how it is. :D

>|<>QBB<
Code001":f2f11 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yes, the Eventide will probably sound better, but you'll have to deal with some lag with the present changes. It's also more difficult to program. However, if you can spring for it, the Eventide is usually the better buy. I plan on just ponying up the cash for an Eclipse.

This has been addressed due to the popular guitarist voter... :D
They developed what they call Crossover Patches(X)...
It started with the GTR4000. And it's very easy to deal with. You can do it a few different ways. You can start with a basic effects block of different effects. Save that as a master, so to speak. Then you simply copy that group of effects blocks to a new preset, and adjust and mute whatever you don't need etc...
There is absolutely zero lag time between effects when done like this. It's pretty much like having 130 pedals in front of you and only having to hit one button on your MIDI controller to turn on and off whatever you want.
You can have up to 40 different effects modules running in a single preset.

Steve

Back