Prince's Halftime Show. Thoughts???

• Thread starter Thread starter bill
  • Start date Start date
I listened to it on a super high fidelity system a friend owns. The mix wasn't THAT bad at volume and a system that could expose everything.

Prince kicked the hell out of it. Sure, he missed some cue's (since he couldn't run out there with the rain), and the guitar playing was not his finest, but the man still can put on one of the best live shows out there.

I read on another board he's using Mesa Lonestars now.

EP

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":3c5f9 said:
I enjoyed Prince but the mix absolutely sucked. I was really surprised that no one fixed it. When you are running live sound that will also be broadcasted live, you need to check the venues sound as well as the feed that is going out live. I personally think the person who was mixing should be fired.

+1 - thank you

>|<>QBB<
electronpirate":8291d said:
I listened to it on a super high fidelity system a friend owns. The mix wasn't THAT bad at volume and a system that could expose everything.

Prince kicked the hell out of it. Sure, he missed some cue's (since he couldn't run out there with the rain), and the guitar playing was not his finest, but the man still can put on one of the best live shows out there.

I read on another board he's using Mesa Lonestars now.

EP

yes on the lonestars.

mixes shouldn't be gauged by the best systems, they should sound good in a stock car stereo first, IMO.

Anyone have a link to the performance? I missed it and would sure love to see it...

For a SB half-time show, I thought it was the shit. I think he should do the half-time show every year. It was actually a good show. Remember Aerosmith with Britany Spears. :roll: That was a joke! This was for real. All live, marching band wearing neon, and Purple Rain in the FUCKING RAIN!!! You know he was loving it.

:2thumbs:

I just remembered, I read Prince used to use Mesa Heartbreaker heads and 2x12 cabs with a few Boss pedals. Simple rig, but he always sounds great.

it was a really good show

first super bowl i've ever watched aswell..
although it didnt finihs untill 4am..
man next morning was a hard one....

Best halftime show of all time. Prince ripping it up in the rain = the coolest cliche` ever. :lol:

I missed it too.

In fact, I missed the whole game. Football bores the crap out of me. I'll take a good baseball game any day over watching a bunch of dildo’s jump each other that can't even sign their own name.

>|<>QBB<
King Crimson":5d9ce said:
I missed it too.

In fact, I missed the whole game. Football bores the crap out of me. I'll take a good baseball game any day over watching a bunch of dildo’s jump each other that can't even sign their own name.

LOL! Im a baseball fan too and long time StL fan. Alot of people find it too slow and find football faster but Im not so sure about that. Football is snorefest for me too.

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":70ec1 said:
Best halftime show of all time. Prince ripping it up in the rain = the coolest cliche` ever. :lol:

Yep, don't forget the freaking purple lights and purple prince symbol stage WHILE ripping up purple rain in the rain!

He must have been thinking... I AM THE MAN BITCHES !!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Except that he's such a good guy he was probably just thinking : peace and love, brother. 8)

...well he may have been thinking I can have any GROUP of bitches I want out there too ;)

>|<>QBB<
'63-Strat":63e80 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yep, don't forget the freaking purple lights and purple prince symbol stage WHILE ripping up purple rain in the rain!

Except that he's such a good guy he was probably just thinking : peace and love, brother. 8)

...well he may have been thinking I can have any GROUP of bitches I want out there too ;)

:lol: :lol:
this is the only reply that matches the title of the post.
:lol: :lol:

I thought it was really good. I also get the impression that he could care less about getting critiqued on his technique, tone, and song selection. It's probably an ego hit to be asked to play songs he performed 20 years ago, but he came across extremely well prepared, professional, and entertaining. He definitely didn't stumble his way through the fretboard.

Also, it was amazing how quickly they put the stage together. The beginning pyro looked scary and dangerous!

Much better than the shows where they try and please every generation by throwing Britney/Jay Z/Aerosmith at us.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":1beda said:
>|<>QBB<

May not be the best in the world, but it's certainly better than anything I've heard from Kirk Hammet, CC Deville, or Tom Morello.

And John Mayer & Dave Matthews.

>|<>QBB<
'63-Strat":f0850 said:
>|<>QBB<

:lol:

Even with the Floyd that Strat is still classy looking. The blue reminds me of the 50's style. 8)

Back