Best Delay Pedal.

• Thread starter Thread starter adam
  • Start date Start date
adam
adam
Yes yes i know there's an Effects Forum but with "2 viewing" there and "64 viewing" here, it seemed to be more logical here.

Anyway the goal is. i want delay, tap tempo, to be used in Mark IV loop, non rack and doesnt colour my tone or sound like ass. Thanks.

i was thinking T-rex Replica? any thoughts? what about that new Eventide stomp?

The new Eventide stomp stuff looks pretty good but is it even out yet?

I picked up a boss dd3 a little while ago just to see how it would sound, cause I wanted to simplify my gear. Christ, I put it in the effects loop of my amp and it just stunk up the place. The sound coming out of my amp was all weird and distorted, really sounded like ass.

Would not recommend, not even a little.

wait for the eventide... the video clip iv seen sounded most triumphant! :D

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":f5213 said:
Just got a T-Rex Replica today!! I'm digging it alot.
I had the Keeley-modded Boss DD-3

Yep!! T Rex!!
Have had mine for a year now, Carl!!
The BEST delay pedal I've heard, ever... so clean!

Keith

timefactor_photo_web.jpg

My favorite stomp of NAMM, run stereo with a Cornford MK50 and Boogie 2:50 through two boogie 1x12s sounded incredible.

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":75a69 said:
Just got a T-Rex Replica today!! I'm digging it alot.
I had the Keeley-modded Boss DD-3

How do you like the DD-3 with the Keeley mod as opposed to stock?
What all do they do to it?

>|<>QBB<
adam":47f10 said:
Yes yes i know there's an Effects Forum but with "2 viewing" there and "64 viewing" here, it seemed to be more logical here.

Anyway the goal is. i want delay, tap tempo, to be used in Mark IV loop, non rack and doesnt colour my tone or sound like ass. Thanks.

i was thinking T-rex Replica? any thoughts? what about that new Eventide stomp?

I suggest trying a rack unit. You can do sooo much more with something like a Rocktron Intellifex or Xpression than you can on a Delay pedal. I believe the Rocktron units have an input from tap tempo. PLus with the rack units you can use them as a lead boost in your effects loop since you can raise the overall level on specific patches. Delay pedals will only allow you to mix in more delay to the signal but you won't be able to have different volume levels.

Plus you'll get reverb, Parametric EQ, and a whole bunch of other effects and you could always use a MIDI pedal and have as many presets as you want. For the price of something like that new Eventide pedal i think s it's a waste since a used Intellifex costs about $100 and can do a lot more.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":e5164 said:
>|<>QBB<

For the price of something like that new Eventide pedal i think s it's a waste since a used Intellifex costs about $100 and can do a lot more.

The delays will not sound as good :P

I dug the RV-3 I had was always good...delay and reverb abilities in one pedal...but GD are they expensive on the used market....about 100 bucks...I actually want another one but yeesh...

At the moment im getting a T-rex Replica. I have a Lexicon MPX-1. But rack units arent for me.

Id rather have a nice pedal board.

or the TC electronic T-Rex replica.

I was told they are very good

>|<>QBB<
HMJ":f2bdc said:
Echo Park works pretty killer!

tried the BOSS delays didnt like em.

The ton park was sweet. and So was a akai e2 HeadRush

If my G-Sharp doesnt do the delay/reverb that i want i am going to get a Echo Park

Yea i had an Echo park. Great pedal but i felt it coloured the tone too much..

Back