new avatar cabs!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter JackBootedThug
  • Start date Start date
They look purdy and "vintage" somehow. It says they're meant for just keeping somewhere and not taking out, and they certainly seem to fit the part. They look like furniture haha.

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":db297 said:
>|<>QBB<

The 2x12 that I have is an Avatar, and I've seen inside a few of their other cabs too. The way they put it together is a clever way of making it somewhat easier to build than usual for a well-sealed/strong cab; it's well engineered so that they can get away with making them the price they do and also the quality that they are.

As for Mojo stuff, I've seen a fair bit of it (inside and out), and I'm now getting them to build my head shells, so you know I'm on board with them. :)

They do headshells too huh?? Any other amp makers that use them? I believe the speaker cabs are baltic birch which is what everyone uses.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":8daa4 said:
>|<>QBB<

They do headshells too huh?? Any other amp makers that use them? I believe the speaker cabs are baltic birch which is what everyone uses.

I know some others use them, but I'm probably not supposed to be the one to say whom. :) I'm probably the only one who's gone out of his way to get material that matches Avatar cabs and/or use white piping (to match the accents of my chassis/logo) though.

Anybody order one? How long does the shipping usually take on a 4x12?

>|<>QBB<
vultures":212c1 said:
Anybody order one? How long does the shipping usually take on a 4x12?

I ordered one last Thursday. It was shipped yesterday due to them getting slammed with orders for the Vintage's lately. I think if they have them in stock and you order early enough in the day it can go out that day.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":34a99 said:
>|<>QBB<

I would be willing to bet that these cabs wil sound great. To be honest with you, if you looked at the insides of my 1908's Marshall 1960b cabs, you would puke. Tons of glue overspray and the wood has many knots from hell all over the place!! Not pretty thats for sure!! The sound good... not great.

Ok this is bullcrap...

I'm like so jealous of your avatar...!!!

hmmmmpphhh

xgx

i have one of the old carpeted ones that I got about 4 years ago, and even though its ugly, its the best sounding cab for the money by far. I think I paid like $129 for it without speakers.

Back