• Start date Start date
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Got this from Ozzfest.com

Sorry if it's already been posted.

OZZFEST 2007...FOR FREE

GROUNDBREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT
PULLS PLUG ON TICKET PRICES

"This will change everybody’s impression of the way touring in the summer in America should be."--Sharon Osbourne

Imagine a day of wall-to-wall hard rock.

Imagine the world's greatest headliner sharing a bill with cutting edge new artists.

Imagine if this brass-knuckled beast was hellbent on coming to your town.

Imagine this earth-pounding event...FOR FREE.

2007 will forever mark the year OZZFEST spiked the concert industry's punch and gave every head-banging American kid a reason to strap on an air guitar with the historic announcement that tickets to the summer’s premiere touring concert festival won't cost fans a dime.

Testing one, two, three...

That's right, OZZY and SHARON OSBOURNE and tour producer LIVE NATION broke the news today at the Concert Industry Consortium in Los Angeles that their 12th annual hard rock spectacular--a 25-date extravaganza launching July 7 in Los Angeles--is pulling the plug on ticket prices and giving the power back to the fans calling this summer’s OZZFEST "FreeFest." The other OZZFEST cities as of now are San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Hartford, Charlotte, Atlanta, West Palm Beach, Nashville. Note: a final confirmed list of cities and dates is forthcoming.

"For the last few years," says SHARON, "ticket prices have steadily climbed as artists demand more and more money for summer tours. We certainly want everybody to make money, however we also want the kids to be able to afford to come out and have an incredible experience. If we continued with the traditional touring festival model, we would have no choice but to raise ticket prices again this year."

Cited as “one of rock’s biggest juggernautsâ€

That's awesome, but if it's just a bunch of nu-metal garbage again...who fucking cares?

hell yes, an ozzfest in charlotte again...it's been ages!

Sounds like real potential for crowd overflow issues...I smell a riot somewhere....

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":f9275 said:
hell yes, an ozzfest in charlotte again...it's been ages!

Free show, even I may have to hit it :)

If it's free it's for me.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":b9cf8 said:
That's awesome, but if it's just a bunch of nu-metal garbage again...who fucking cares?

i am with you on this though if black sabbath was playing i think i would try to find a way there, but with the heaven and hell thing that seems doubtful, plus no canadian dates as of yet is shitty.

I am so there.

But... how does one get tickets? "Visit sponsors' websites..." sounds all kinds of fishy to me. Like the old cereal box top scam or Marlboro miles.

"Buy 3000 sets of guitar strings, or 25 cases of Red Bull, or *enter quantity and widget here* and get one free ticket to Ozzfest".

I am quite anxiouls to see how it all shakes out. I don't think there will be any roits or crown control issues. They will still have to regulate admisson, just the ticketing process will involve some other cashflow.

Oh I guess I read it wrong...I thought it was just free admin for all......there still is ticketing at least an allocated amount of seating OK...

Yeah, man. There are capacity regulations (fire related?) for all public places. Resturants, theaters, etc.

Well Ozzfest still will have no problem making money. I'll go if I feel that the bands are worth the almost 2 hour drive.

I love ozzfest :D
21c1d70e.jpg

Back