Gainfreak!!!!! What Eventide model do you have??

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":d24bf said:
>|<>QBB<

This has been addressed due to the popular guitarist voter... :D
They developed what they call Crossover Patches(X)...
It started with the GTR4000. And it's very easy to deal with. You can do it a few different ways. You can start with a basic effects block of different effects. Save that as a master, so to speak. Then you simply copy that group of effects blocks to a new preset, and adjust and mute whatever you don't need etc...
There is absolutely zero lag time between effects when done like this. It's pretty much like having 130 pedals in front of you and only having to hit one button on your MIDI controller to turn on and off whatever you want.
You can have up to 40 different effects modules running in a single preset.

Steve

Or in W/D/W and with a Line mixer, i bet you wouldnt hear any lag time anyway!! Another reason for the king of setups.... W/D/W :D 8)

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":e950f said:
>|<>QBB<

Or in W/D/W and with a Line mixer, i bet you wouldnt hear any lag time anyway!! Another reason for the king of setups.... W/D/W :D 8)

That is how I have mine setup.
Both my G Force and Eventide are in channel 2 of my DMC System Mix.
Channel one, the preamps, go to one of my VHT power amps, and channel 2, the effects, go to the other power amp.
Rackstuff.jpg

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":7f46b said:
With the EMU 1820 I can use the Eclipse as a VST plug-in as well and I can monitor as well or just play wet and send the dry to another channel.

That's the direction things seem to be headed, rack based units that run plug in software for performing live like the Muse Receptor.

You choose the effects you want the unit to have, and upload them from your PC.

>|<>QBB<
Zachman":c66a5 said:
>|<>QBB<

:rawk: :wink: hehehehe, oh you've got it bad now, huh? I know how it is. :D

My wife has added you to the list of people she is goig to kill.....Ralph is number 1 but you are catching up :lol:

I listen to the right people....buy once......keep it. :wink:

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":a1e6e said:
>|<>QBB<

There is absolutely zero lag time between effects when done like this. It's pretty much like having 130 pedals in front of you and only having to hit one button Steve

CArl probably saw this and got a stiffy....130 pedals :lol:

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":b76c4 said:
>|<>QBB<

Got that right brother, w/d/w is the only way to fly now that I got my lazy ass moving to connect all the crap :D I was on the other side of my basement playing 7th and 9th chords and the wall of sound was just off the hook y0!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":108d4 said:
>|<>QBB<

Got that right brother, w/d/w is the only way to fly now that I got my lazy ass moving to connect all the crap :D I was on the other side of my basement playing 7th and 9th chords and the wall of sound was just off the hook y0!

Since running W/D/W, i cant stand the sound when i use an effects unit in the loop. I always use atleast W/D now, with my 4x12 with greenies as the dry and an old 1x12 marshall cab with an original Fane speaker for the Wet fx!

Sounds huge and so much clearer! The uneffected dry sound makes it so much punchier and mean sounding!! 8)

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":5e6bd said:
>|<>QBB<

My wife has added you to the list of people she is goig to kill.....Ralph is number 1 but you are catching up :lol:

How can she wanna kill Ralph?... He seemed like a pretty awesome dude when I met him. :)

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":615e6 said:
>|<>QBB<

How can she wanna kill Ralph?... He seemed like a pretty awesome dude when I met him. :)

MK IV 1150
GMW 1550
FL6 150
Sabre 2200 but sold for JVM

You do the math :D

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":fb62f said:
>|<>QBB<

MK IV 1150
GMW 1550
FL6 150
Sabre 2200 but sold for JVM

You do the math :D

Shoes xxxx
Purses xxxx
Clothes xxxx
Makeup xxxxx

:D

I was hanging out with my mom a couple of years ago and I found out about how much she spends on makeup each year... I was amazed she had the balls to EVER comment on how much gear I have... she out spent me by FAR. :)

You can also toggle individual FX with CC's to avoid the preset switch lag - this is what I do live since I don't need radical preset changes within a song. So I have a preset with Delay, Chorus, Reverb loaded up and I use CC's to switch the inputs to those FX on or off via MIDI. 8)

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":931e0 said:
>|<>QBB<

WHOA, I burst into LOUD laughter when I read that. Ralph does have as much gear as a cool music store, and more than that, he has the good gear from a killer store. :lol:

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":3052b said:
>|<>QBB<

Since running W/D/W, i cant stand the sound when i use an effects unit in the loop. I always use atleast W/D now, with my 4x12 with greenies as the dry and an old 1x12 marshall cab with an original Fane speaker for the Wet fx!

Sounds huge and so much clearer! The uneffected dry sound makes it so much punchier and mean sounding!! 8)

:D It's all perspective isn't it? The other way sounds good, but once you've gone all the way, holding hands seems to have just lost a bunch of it's zeal.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":74dc6 said:
>|<>QBB<

:rawk: :cheers: :supz:

The arguments about the crowd not being able to tell the difference doesn't sway me. I do it for ME, not someone else because I sure as hell CAN tell the difference.

>|<>QBB<
Zachman":b14c7 said:
>|<>QBB<

:rawk: :cheers: :supz:

The arguments about the crowd not being able to tell the difference doesn't sway me. I do it for ME, not someone else because I sure as hell CAN tell the difference.

Same here man, i play better when im hearing the sound i like most!! Id rather lug out the big gear and enjoy myself, than bring a completely portable rig that i dont enjoy as much. My sound is important to me, wether or not it is to others doesnt make a difference to me!

Back