What gear was used on Turn Up The Radio by Autograph???

• Thread starter Thread starter MrDan666
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":7e6fb said:
I know he used Carvin X100Bs, but im not sure if it was on that record...

I have one of those sitting in my garage, it was my first ever tube amp. The amp starts making this sorta ticking noise though whenever its on, when its at high volumes you can hear it real bad :( I havent tried brand new tubes, although im not sure if thats causing it!

Those amps sound great when you get the volume up, but mine sounded like ass at low volumes. Totally fuzzy low end at low volumes. That said, he may well have used one and the 'studio magic' helps gets the rest of that sound!

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":16d6b said:
>|<>QBB<

I have one of those sitting in my garage, it was my first ever tube amp. The amp starts making this sorta ticking noise though whenever its on, when its at high volumes you can hear it real bad :( I havent tried brand new tubes, although im not sure if thats causing it!

Those amps sound great when you get the volume up, but mine sounded like ass at low volumes. Totally fuzzy low end at low volumes. That said, he may well have used one and the 'studio magic' helps gets the rest of that sound!

Ive got one too. Great amp, i agree about the low volume comment!

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":97bcb said:
>|<>QBB<

In the 80's there were a LOT of endorsements that were somewhat false as well. For instance Malmsteen was endorsed by crate, and Carvin, and all he used was a couple of their little practice amps to warm up before the show etc. Endorsements just meant they paid someone to be associated with them, and there were a LOT of endorsements in the 80's. :lol: He may have used them live, but it's hard to tell what he used in the studio.

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":39c78 said:
>|<>QBB<

Ive got one too. Great amp, i agree about the low volume comment!

Is yours the tolex model with the 6L6's? or the Carpet Covered EL34 version?

I have the latter, it absolutely nails Vai era DLR stuff and Jason Becker stuff!

>|<>QBB<
Marshall Freak":380c2 said:
>|<>QBB<

In the 80's there were a LOT of endorsements that were somewhat false as well. For instance Malmsteen was endorsed by crate, and Carvin, and all he used was a couple of their little practice amps to warm up before the show etc. Endorsements just meant they paid someone to be associated with them, and there were a LOT of endorsements in the 80's. :lol: He may have used them live, but it's hard to tell what he used in the studio.

Oh i agree, there was so many guys endorsing stuff that they didnt use onstage or in the studio. Im pretty sure i spotted a Carvin ad with Steve Lynch holding a Carvin poweramp, so its possible he was using those with his rack gear back then.. i'v seen a few guys in the 80s using those

>|<>QBB<
Marshall Freak":1fe89 said:
>|<>QBB<

I don't remember Malmsteen endorsing Carvin. Not saying you're incorrect...I remember him endorsing Aria guitars, DOD, Marshall, Crate (I think Marshall and Crate at the same time?)

I went to a guitar clinic with Steve Lynch as the instructor. It was pretty bad, all of his tab was hand-written and aside from the TUTR song, his other solos (that he taught in the clinic) were not very musical. I also remember seeing them open for VH. Pretty bad.

>|<>QBB<
MisterBulbous":d5e42 said:
>|<>QBB<

I don't remember Malmsteen endorsing Carvin. Not saying you're incorrect...I remember him endorsing Aria guitars, DOD, Marshall, Crate (I think Marshall and Crate at the same time?)

I went to a guitar clinic with Steve Lynch as the instructor. It was pretty bad, all of his tab was hand-written and aside from the TUTR song, his other solos (that he taught in the clinic) were not very musical. I also remember seeing them open for VH. Pretty bad.

Now that I think of it, did YJM endorse Carvin acoustics? I remember he had an Alvarez-Yairi endorsement.

Back