Can't say enuff about this Pearce G2R !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter SQUAREHEAD
  • Start date Start date
SQUAREHEAD
SQUAREHEAD
Guys,

If you see one of these on ebay, buy it!! Just an awesome machine that has SO MANY tweakable tones in it.
These are the BEST SS amps I've ever heard. period! You'd swear there has to be tubes in there somewhere!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearce-G2r-Guitar-Amplifier-Holdsworth-Montrose_W0QQitemZ290072622355QQihZ019QQcategoryZ121161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
I had one back in '91. Good amp for ss but I would never buy one again with all the great amps we have today. My VHT Cl50 reminds me of the Pearce but with more clarity than ss.

I played through one in New Haven about a year ago using a VHT 2150 and it sounded freaking great.

The prices are starting to climb up a tad though.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":2f31e said:
Keith,

You've been telling me that for years and everytime you bring it up, I want one! LOL! Seems like a nice convenient little package!

There's another little SS rack guitar amp that always gets me interested too, but I can't think of the name of it right now. They always come in little road brief cases that are made for the amp... Dang, can't think of it.

Vanous Evolution is the one you're talking about Chris!
Never played one tho...
Keith

Must be nice not having to worry about changing tubes, or blowing fuses because of tubes going bad.

Those Vanous Evolutions kick ass. Imagine showing up to a gig with your amp in a briefcase. Hell, if someone found that amp laying somewhere, they'd probably call in a terrorist warning. :lol:

I've heard the Pearce is loud for a solid state, how's the gain channel? Will it do High gain thrash/metal/death?

>|<>QBB<
scottcrud":89ccd said:
I've heard the Pearce is loud for a solid state, how's the gain channel? Will it do High gain thrash/metal/death?

Oh ya!!
Easy!

I looked long and hard for one last year, but was told that they have a track record of problems. I still wish I would have bought one.

The "only" issue is the ribbon for the onboard fx, which is replaced easily by anyone with a screwdriver and the part is $12.00- that's it!

Keith

How much do they usually go for, and are they hard to find?

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":da9f7 said:
How much do they usually go for, and are they hard to find?

About every month one comes up on ebay...

I've seen them go for $995.00!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280065029121&rd=1&rd=1

Most of them go for around $500.00 recently.
But they used to go as low as 250... People are catching on.

Best SS amp by FAR!

keith

I think it would make an awesome backup amp, or a good studio peice!

Back