Marshall JVM 410 H in the house!!! :D clips inside

• Thread starter Thread starter tobiah
  • Start date Start date
T
tobiah
My Marshall JVM has come. Looking forward to playign an posting clips. Just came home from work early so going to have a tinker then post my thoughts and possibly (fed of people criticising around here ) some clips ... just to try give people a small idea. I AM NO PRO!!!

Heres an awful Little Clip of the OD2 Channel... for the chugga sound needs less gain i guess.. just to give an idea of the gain available... (max it reached was 2 oclock...) Its done on a 2x12 with V30's...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=408427

Also a VHalen kinda clip there also...

Anyway here she is :D

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

The footswitch is amazing ... (or the midi capability if it can do the same ( not sure yet)

THERE IS NO LAG OR POP

Also i thought i'd be able to set one button on the fs to switch modes but you cant.... its better.

Basically... when i hit

FS1 it changes to channel 1... (and remembers what mode i was last on) then if i press it again it will toggle to the next mode and again to the next mode...

Now maybe for Channel mode green one say i want a nice loud clean sound with something in the FX loop. I would set the Master 2 on the green clean and then activate fx loop. then if i wanted on the same chanel (clean) to have the other master and no fx loop i would just set that... (and it will remember what it last was)

So i can have

Channel 1
Green mode / master 2/ fx loop on/off / reverb on/off
ORange mode / Master 1 or 2 / Fx loop on or off/ reverb on or off...

They dont effect each other! Amazing!

Then i 4 footswitches set like that for each channel...

Then number 5 and number 6 Control Reverb and fx loop on off...

AMAZING

If this can be done with midi which i imagine it will be it will be great using my Behringer FCB1010

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":ed6e0 said:
AWESOME CLIPS! This definitely sounds like no other Marshall I've ever heard, just judging from the clips alone! WOW!
Agreed. Digging the sound a lot. :)

I'm definatly going to have to get one of these used later this year. The F/S features are something I've been wanting for a LONG time, and I'm gonna need a Marshall-esque amp for my Studio soon as well.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":80085 said:
In another thread, SteveVHT said that Scott Splawn has one of these in stock and he made a comment about it being built better than the Marshall DSL/TSL amps. Anyone know what that means?

Hey "tobiah," can you take the amp apart and post pictures of the guts? I'm dying to see them!

Ya, I'd like to see how the guts comapre to the 3Oth Anniv I owned a few years back. That thing was just a nightmare! Three levels of pcb's on top of each other. :o (this was a combo 6101... the 6100 head wasn't as bad)

Keith

I can't wait to check this out when I get home. I have been anxious to make a purchase but have been waiting to try the the jvm and the vintage modern before I act on anything.

>|<>QBB<
donbarzini":29f93 said:
Honestly, I used to think about the whole PCB vs. handwired thing myself, going for all the handwired boutique amps with the "best" transformers, parts, etc. I've tried several of those high priced handjobbers :lol: I've come to realize, I never really looked and stared at the insides of those amps so I really don't care what's inside, as long as it works and sounds good, amps are meant to be played!

Agreed!
Some of the best sounding amps I've ever played are PCB amps!
Heck, Peavey's 5150 is an awesome sounding head (once it's cranked open to 4 or 5 on the master).
These "handwired" snobs (I used to be one) are silly ...
:?
Keith

I said it on HC, and I'll say it again here: that VH clip rocks!

PS-any way you could send me the backing track??? :)

>|<>QBB<
SQUAREHEAD":85df6 said:
>|<>QBB<

Agreed!
Some of the best sounding amps I've ever played are PCB amps!
Heck, Peavey's 5150 is an awesome sounding head (once it's cranked open to 4 or 5 on the master).
These "handwired" snobs (I used to be one) are silly ...
:?
Keith

Its hard to admit but you're right. I just tried a friend's Peavey Ultra Plus head and it easily kept up with my high priced boutiques. And you know what I have! I'll use anything if it sounds good. I must still insist on boutique cabs like my Bogner.

IMO an "OK" amp thru a great cab is much better than a great amp thru a less than great cab.

>|<>QBB<
thegame":97cac said:
>|<>QBB<

Its hard to admit but you're right. I just tried a friend's Peavey Ultra Plus head and it easily kept up with my high priced boutiques. And you know what I have! I'll use anything if it sounds good. I must still insist on boutique cabs like my Bogner.

IMO an "OK" amp thru a great cab is much better than a great amp thru a less than great cab.

but Gary... The Wizard stuff still has that 10% extra that we all strive for!! And of course, they are all ptp!!

Keith :)

thanks for the kind words guys...

Guts pics? ok we'll see what i can probably tomorrow...

>|<>QBB<
tobiah":35b1e said:
thanks for the kind words guys...

Guts pics? ok we'll see what i can probably tomorrow...

That would be great, just curious to see what it looks like

I have a feeling I'll have to defend this amp before I even have it - lol

;)

The JVM imo does not sound like a Splawn, you can maybe tweak them to sound close but different voicings.

has a bit of buzz... tryign to iron out... nothin like a tsl tho...

Back