A very different Zakk Wylde

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
Could be.. It seems like hes caught up in that "bad-ass" image way too much. While he can play like a mother, he isnt stepping out with creativity & originality.

Saw him couple months ago & it wasnt all that interesting. He likes to spit a lot though...
>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":3f244 said:
>|<>QBB<

I think Zakk has gotten lazy nowadays with creativity and coming up with new and fresh ideas. Back when he first hit the scene with Ozzy in 87, he had to play his ass off just to be accepted by most Ozzy fans and guitar fans in general.. almost purely for the fact that Ozzy's previous guitarists were so highly respected...

But because hes been accepted as a monster player for so long now, i think maybe he feels he doesnt need to go over the top and play his ass off just to get the respect from everyone?

>|<>QBB<
RIFF":c4e9a said:
Could be.. It seems like hes caught up in that "bad-ass" image way too much. While he can play like a mother, he isnt stepping out with creativity & originality.

Saw him couple months ago & it wasnt all that interesting. He likes to spit a lot though...
>|<>QBB<

I think hes just given up on doing anything new to be honest, which is a real shame because zakk during the 87-93 era is one of my alltime fav players!!

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":4a0e9 said:
>|<>QBB<
I like Zakk, theres no denying that the guy is an amazing player, he just isnt really showing what he can do anymore IMO...

And therein lies the problem. No offense, but I've never understood the, "Wow, look what this guitarist people make fun of can play that they never actually incorporate into songs!" Doesn't exactly help their cause, if you ask me.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":e904e said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ArHvSMUlzdQ

I doubt to many here can play this fast this cleanly without a lot of gain.
These are the BEST licks I have ever heard him play. Thanx man. Too bad it's really just wanking and no 'instruction' at all. Anyone know what amp he's runnning? Sounds pretty good to my ears.

This is the Zakk i love.
From his first Ozzy days until P&G.
He was at his best back then.
Zakk%20Covers%20009%20(web).jpg

+1million.

He was awesome back then, and without a doubt one of my alltime favs!

Zakk is a good player no doubt. I thought he was one of the best, until I discovered Buckethead.

Cool playing, he still leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the 357 thing though. No doubt he can really play though. I still can't quite get into his playing the way I would someone that is a little more vocal in their playing, ie EJ/SRV/Hendrix/Clapton, and more recent guys like Ian Thornley, and Derek Trucks etc, I prefer that type of phrasing a lot more.

I dont think i'm clear on his part in the 357 thing.
I didnt see anything till way later, but it appeared some company was offering a custom epiphone like his & not delivering. It also appeaerd that his web admin was promoting them. He was then given his walking papers & the company disapeared.

I didnt see a big connection to Zakk. Am i missing something?

Man! I always thought Zakk was kind of a sloppy, clumsy oaf on guitar but that video sure made a believer out of me!!!

Jesus that guy is the REAL DEAL. :o

>|<>QBB<
shredhead666":387fd said:
Man! I always thought Zakk was kind of a sloppy, clumsy oaf on guitar but that video sure made a believer out of me!!!

Jesus that guy is the REAL DEAL. :o
I think his problem is BEER. Demon Alcohol....I'll get you. :evil:

>|<>QBB<
RIFF":6a88b said:
I dont think i'm clear on his part in the 357 thing.
I didnt see anything till way later, but it appeared some company was offering a custom epiphone like his & not delivering. It also appeaerd that his web admin was promoting them. He was then given his walking papers & the company disapeared.

I didnt see a big connection to Zakk. Am i missing something?

Thats what I gathered from the whole thing aswell. I wasnt following too closely though. :?

i miss the Zakk of old as well. he was one of my favorite players back then. i still like him, but it seems to me, since he's started singing, P&G and BLS, that's when his playing seemed to start getting less creative. maybe because he's as wrapped up in both processes. it happened to me as well, i used to be a much better lead palyer than i am now. i started working alot more writing entire songs besides the guitar stuff. vocals, harmonies, bass, trying to write drum beats out. so i lost focus on trying to play something cool or really creative. i'm starting to work on my playing a little more again. i learned alot and became a much better songwriter in general. hopefully with some work and practice i can improve my playing again. Zakk played a ton of different instruments on the Pride and Glory album. maybe his focus just changed a little? i may check out this new acoustic deal thing he's got out.

Back