Just a quick Q on the Valvulator GP3...

• Thread starter Thread starter Qweklain
  • Start date Start date
Qweklain
Qweklain
Does it come with a footswitch or do you have to buy like a MIDI footswitch (I dun even know if it is MIDI) or buy a generic footswitch?

Also, the GP3 is just the ULs preamp ripped out, right?

And a LONG time ago, someone said you could get more gain out of it with like $3 in parts... what parts and how?

Need a midi footswitch or if memory serves 2 button footswitch would works to scroll though the channels... Steve?

why the hell do you think it needs more gain???

Isn't that thing basically a distortion pedal? With like five tubes?

>|<>QBB<
again with this":4d418 said:
why the hell do you think it needs more gain???

Isn't that thing basically a distortion pedal? With like five tubes?

Not sure if you are joking or what... but the Valvulator GP3 is VHT's one and only Preamp. It's not a pedal...

for $3 dollors no wonder he left you hangin :lol:
he just pulled 1 on you for a jackass ( nice guy )

No Mod is going to cost less the $200
unless he is your friend indeed

3 possibilities: switch by hand, midi-controller or regular footswitch, which is a bit of a hassle because all functions have dedicated jacks, some of which are stereo.

There's a thread on the gainmod on www.vhtusers.com

Giga.

Here it is:http://www.vhtusers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375

Yeah i fugured it was a CAP

The parts will cost you about $3
(Note) the 1000pF Ceramic Disc Capacitor is a 50 watt

but whos doing the installing ?
for $3 dollors :?

>|<>QBB<
Qweklain":d198f said:
>|<>QBB<

Not sure if you are joking or what... but the Valvulator GP3 is VHT's one and only Preamp. It's not a pedal...

Sorry to be unclear. I have refered to super my high gain amps as 5 and 6 tube distortion pedals for years, the 5150 and Mesa respectively.

I know what the valvulator is and I want one. Doesn't it have 5 tubes?

that's all I meant. Seriously, why would you want more gain than 5 stage preamp????

The GP3 is a modified version on the UL and CLX.
The difference is obviously the MIDI control, full EQ for all 3 channels, and the built in Valvulator buffer. It also has 2 controllers to switch other units on and off.
It can be controlled by a MIDI controller or a function switcher like a GCX or Axess CFX4 etc...
There is a high gain mod as posted, and costs less than $3 in parts.
The total mod takes about 20 minutes to take apart the unit, and about 3-5 minutes to add/replace the resistors and caps...It's very easy....
Steve

Hmm I see... Well that pretty much answers all my questions. I was thinking Recto Pre first, but I am highly addicted now to the tone (and Music) of The Fifth Sun. I've played a few different VHT's, but never got tone out like they got and it fucking KILLS.

Check em' out... www.myspace.com/thefifthsun

Back