Caparison Dellinger - natural mahogany gloss

• Thread starter Thread starter hermz
  • Start date Start date
hermz
hermz
Dellinger finally arrived yesterday. Wish I paid extra for express shipping, but it was definitely worth the wait. Wow!

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic2.JPG

Enjoy

Beautiful guitar man, I absolutely LOVE that look (oiled mahogany with black hardware and headstock). May I ask how much it cost ya?

^ This one is actually gloss mahogany as opposed to the oiled mahogany that's available these days. I paid $1450 US second hand but it's practically new and spent it's life in it's case.

caparison guitars look amazing...but can i ask other than looks waht makes them that much better than any jackson, esp or ibanez...? like why would i want to spend that much more to own one? :?

Caparison guitars don't cost "that much more" than guitars of similar quality from other brands. Their quality is often likened to that of a Custom Series ESP or Ibanez Prestige. In Australia I would likely pay a fair bit more for a Custom Series ESP or Ibanez Prestige than I would for most Caparisons actually. Not 100% sure what it's like in the US.

A big thing for me is the playability. The unique neck contour is as close to perfect for me as it gets, and the heel carve of the bolt-on neck joint gives great upper fret access without comprising too much of that mahogany tone - and these guitars have some damn good tone :D

>|<>QBB<
scoeb city":1d93f said:
caparison guitars look amazing...but can i ask other than looks waht makes them that much better than any jackson, esp or ibanez...? like why would i want to spend that much more to own one? :?

ITs all about the feel and tone!!!!

8)

I don't mean to jank on Caparison or anything, but I know a couple people that have owned Caparison, and one said it played like plastic (the neck felt like it at least) and sold it, and the other traded it later for an ESP because he liked ESP's tone better. I have never personally had experience with them, mainly because all I have heard is this about them, but how do you guys like them?

I can't imagine how anyone could think the neck feels like plastic. My Dellinger is one solid axe, that's for sure. The neck is thin and fast, but by no means does it feel weak or fake. It actually has the best neck I've played, compared to many ESPs, Ibanez and Jackson.

As for the tone, was your friend using the stock Caparison pickups? If so, he wouldn't be the first to complain about them. They're not for everyone, and people who love EMGs often don't like them at all. Many people change their pickups, whethere it be to EMGs, Duncans, whatever, with great results. I personally love the Caparison pickups, especially the PH-R bridge pickup.

>|<>QBB<
hermz":bccfd said:
I can't imagine how anyone could think the neck feels like plastic. My Dellinger is one solid axe, that's for sure. The neck is thin and fast, but by no means does it feel weak or fake. It actually has the best neck I've played, compared to many ESPs, Ibanez and Jackson.

As for the tone, was your friend using the stock Caparison pickups? If so, he wouldn't be the first to complain about them. They're not for everyone, and people who love EMGs often don't like them at all. Many people change their pickups, whethere it be to EMGs, Duncans, whatever, with great results. I personally love the Caparison pickups, especially the PH-R bridge pickup.

+1

>|<>QBB<
Phlipbak":842e4 said:
I don't mean to jank on Caparison or anything, but I know a couple people that have owned Caparison, and one said it played like plastic (the neck felt like it at least) and sold it, and the other traded it later for an ESP because he liked ESP's tone better. I have never personally had experience with them, mainly because all I have heard is this about them, but how do you guys like them?

you can name any piece of gear on the planet, no matter how nice and how high quality it is...there are gonna be people who just think it sucks

caparisons are nice guitars, they are pricey but unline jackson, esp, or ibanez...they don't offer a low cost, budget korean/indonesian series; their top of the line stuff is really all they have

if you only look at the higher end ibanez, esp, and jacksons; the price difference really isn't that big anymore

i absolutely love the guitar in onehourburn's signature. i'd love to own one exactly like that someday

I recently had a new pickup installed in the bridge of my Dellinger, so I took a few more photos. The pickup is a Bare Knuckle Custom Warpig.

warpig1.jpg

warpig2.jpg

warpig3.jpg

Lookin' good!

What is the difference between natural mahogany gloss and oiled mahogany

Back