DO NOT BUY FROM ROCKSOLID AMPS!

• Thread starter Thread starter carlos41
  • Start date Start date
C
carlos41
I bought a new version 2.0 Engl Powerball from RockSolid amps about 6 months ago. I asked Derek, the owner, if the amp was in brand new condition. He said it was. I even asked him several times if it was brand new in the box. When the amp arrived it had fingerprints all over the front panel of the amp, numerous tolex tears in the front and back edges, and a loud hum when on. After talking to Derek and getting nowhere, I took the amp to my local tech who replaced 2 of the preamp tubes which were bad.

My tech informed me that the 2 bad tubes were not the stock factory tubes because they did not have the "Engl" logo on them. When I again called Derek, he finally admitted that the amp "might" have been a demo in his house for a short time. I paid for a new amp, not a demo or floor model. Derek first told me it was brand new, then when I called him on it, he admitted he had lied to me. I paid for a new amp, not a demo. Since it was past his approval period after getting it back from my tech, Derek refused to take it back. I finally sold it on ebay as a "USED" item which it was. Derek is a dishonest and untrustworthy person. Anyone considering buying an amp from him should look elsewheres.

Some reasons not to buy from RockSolid Amps:

1. Derek Bernier, the owner of RockSolid Amps, has no store. He demos amps in his house in a spare bedroom. He stores his amps in a warehouse somehwere. What's stopping Derek from taking your money and closing down tomorrow?

2. Derek has a bad temper and when confronted, threatens people with physical violence. Read his posts on this forum for proof.

3. Derek has been banned and kicked-out of numerous local music stores in the South Florida area. Also several former customers and other local dealers have law suits pending against him.

4. Derek's home smells of weed. Derek is a known drug user with a criminal record. He has track marks all over his arms which he tries too hide with his tatoos.

5. Obviously Derek Bernier, aka RockSolid Amps, is an unstable, untrustworthy dealer. There are much better dealers out there.

PS: Anyone looking for an Engl amp should talk to Rob @ Synergy guitars www.synergyguitars.com. Rob is a dealer that knows how to treat his customers right.

is this just a copy troll.. or is synergy actually still trying

My wife bought me a Ric 620 and the dealer said it was brand new. She paid list and we opened it up at Christmas and there were no hang tags or stickers or paperwork. Minor stuff but it was not new. I called Ric to get my warranty stuff lined up and they said it was already issued to another person. Needless to say I was pissed and went after the dealer for relief. I settle for a rebate of $250 and kept the dead mint guitar. I still think we paid too much. Dealers name withheld as he did finally settle to my satisfaction.

>|<>QBB<
carlos41":6cf18 said:
I bought a new version 2.0 Engl Powerball from RockSolid amps about 6 months ago. I asked Derek, the owner, if the amp was in brand new condition. He said it was. I even asked him several times if it was brand new in the box. When the amp arrived it had fingerprints all over the front panel of the amp, numerous tolex tears in the front and back edges, and a loud hum when on. After talking to Derek and getting nowhere, I took the amp to my local tech who replaced 2 of the preamp tubes which were bad.

My tech informed me that the 2 bad tubes were not the stock factory tubes because they did not have the "Engl" logo on them. When I again called Derek, he finally admitted that the amp "might" have been a demo in his house for a short time. I paid for a new amp, not a demo or floor model. Derek first told me it was brand new, then when I called him on it, he admitted he had lied to me. I paid for a new amp, not a demo. Since it was past his approval period after getting it back from my tech, Derek refused to take it back. I finally sold it on ebay as a "USED" item which it was. Derek is a dishonest and untrustworthy person. Anyone considering buying an amp from him should look elsewheres.

Some reasons not to buy from RockSolid Amps:

1. Derek Bernier, the owner of RockSolid Amps, has no store. He demos amps in his house in a spare bedroom. He stores his amps in a warehouse somehwere. What's stopping Derek from taking your money and closing down tomorrow?

2. Derek has a bad temper and when confronted, threatens people with physical violence. Read his posts on this forum for proof.

3. Derek has been banned and kicked-out of numerous local music stores in the South Florida area. Also several former customers and other local dealers have law suits pending against him.

4. Derek's home smells of weed. Derek is a known drug user with a criminal record. He has track marks all over his arms which he tries too hide with his tatoos.

5. Obviously Derek Bernier, aka RockSolid Amps, is an unstable, untrustworthy dealer. There are much better dealers out there.

PS: Anyone looking for an Engl amp should talk to Rob @ Synergy guitars www.synergyguitars.com. Rob is a dealer that knows how to treat his customers right.

Awesome!! Thanks for the publicity campaign porky!! :bump: :bump:

Derek

8)

HAHAHA!!! Why do you keep posting this? Don't you realize none of us believe anything you say. Dumbass. :lol: :lol: :lol:

>|<>QBB<
carlos41":b2fbb said:
Derek is a known drug user with a criminal record. He has track marks all over his arms which he tries too hide with his tatoos.

If Derek has a criminal record wouldn't it show up in the NCIC database? If it's not showing up when I run his name (it's not) then what basis do you have for saying that he has a criminal record?

>|<>QBB<
bill":a36e2 said:
My wife bought me a Ric 620 and the dealer said it was brand new. She paid list and we opened it up at Christmas and there were no hang tags or stickers or paperwork. Minor stuff but it was not new. I called Ric to get my warranty stuff lined up and they said it was already issued to another person. Needless to say I was pissed and went after the dealer for relief. I settle for a rebate of $250 and kept the dead mint guitar. I still think we paid too much. Dealers name withheld as he did finally settle to my satisfaction.

At least you received some compensation.

Correct if I am wrong but accusing someone of having a criminal record and with them not actually having a record is grounds for a slander case.

If Derek also goes to Cambodia for sex with minors, I am definitely buying my next amp from him! I'm into all the other stuff that carlos41 mentioned.

These are hilarious. All that's happened is Synergy has lost all credibility and Derek, while having an excellent rep already, has gained even more credibility.

Good job, whoever you are!

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":c067a said:
These are hilarious. All that's happened is Synergy has lost all credibility and Derek, while having an excellent rep already, has gained even more credibility.

WORD!!!

Rumor has it that there is alrady a new Rocksolid thread :hys:

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":d7286 said:

Exactly!

Nice one "Carlos" you homo :)

Back