A new tune from me, Mark III content

• Thread starter Thread starter philb
  • Start date Start date
philb
philb
Hi guys,
Here's a tune I've been working hard on for the last couple of weeks.
My goal was to improve my production skills. I know I need to redo the acoustic, the playing is crappy on it. I spent a lot of time trying to get the levels and mastering done to what I believe is allright.

I would like to present a demo soon and I need some feedback.

I used my beloved Mark III for all electric work, EZDrummer and various synth. I used R2 for all rhythm and the middle lead work and the lead channel for the other lead track.

The song starts slow and builds up right until the end.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23529

Thanks!

Sounds pretty balanced from what I can tell listening to my 3" desktop speakers with no sub!

Good job sir!

>|<>QBB<
Code001":8edb1 said:
Not bad. :cool: I'm still not a huge fan of R2 though.

hehe, I know the style may not match what you dig :)
Since it's a demo tune, I don't want to be too heavy but give a hint that I can get there. I find R2 to be easier to record, it a lot clearer.

>|<>QBB<
leadfootdriver":9bef7 said:
Sounds pretty balanced from what I can tell listening to my 3" desktop speakers with no sub!

Good job sir!

Thanks Mick, I've been working to get the mastering balanced and hot level wise without garbage. It's a slow process but I think I now know what to look for in the unmastered mix.

--------------------------

Adjectives that come to mine:

Epic
Surreal
Fantasy
Futuristic
Sci-Fi

Really cool stuff...thanks for sharing! :D

>|<>QBB<
amiller":f3e50 said:
--------------------------

Adjectives that come to mine:

Epic
Surreal
Fantasy
Futuristic
Sci-Fi

Really cool stuff...thanks for sharing! :D

Wow! thanks Al!

I though R2 sounded pretty darn good and worked well when you used it Phil. That said boosting the lead channel would have given you a nice long sustain that would have worked as well too.

Always a fan of your work Phil!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":bbe92 said:
I though R2 sounded pretty darn good and worked well when you used it Phil. That said boosting the lead channel would have given you a nice long sustain that would have worked as well too.

Always a fan of your work Phil!

Thanks Scott :)
I really like both channels now and they both have their use and I'm liking the R2 more and more for leads as it reminds me of my old Super Bass feel wise.

I think it sounds pretty good, Phil, although I've only been able to listen at work on crummy speakers.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":a0e29 said:
I think it sounds pretty good, Phil, although I've only been able to listen at work on crummy speakers.

Cool! I think crummy speakers are more revealing sometimes anyway!

Back