Couple JVM Vids - Not the Marshall Vids.

• Thread starter Thread starter King Crimson
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Subclavian":770d0 said:
28 knobs on the front scares the shit out of me

sub

I think of it as more of a challenge. Like climbing Mt. Everest or something :D

Those vids sounded great. I am very anxious to hear the group purchase guys opinions.

That JVM sounds better doing the Hendrix stuff than the vintage modern. :o I might have to check this out. Sure can't do scooped like a recto, though.

>|<>QBB<
simbasa":57a60 said:
Sure can't do scooped like a recto, though.

And this is a BAD thing? Sounds better than any rectifier I've ever heard.

cool shit, you guys are going CRAZY over this amp!

i thought the clean sounded great but the dist. channels all sounded like pure treble to me. very well could just be my speakers though...

i can't wait to hear/see clips from you guys when you get them.

and i can't wait to see mega buy and sell one :D

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":39931 said:
You really don't know if it can get scooped or not till you demo one, and turn the mids down.

Yup!!

I am often amazed by what people are saying without actually hearing the amp in person and getting to set it up the way they like it.

People.... You are hearing clips that were recorded by a video camera. It's not catching any bottom end. Just do yourself a favor and try the amp before passing judgement. (not that anyone is doing so!! Just saying!!)

Carl, When you get yours, I would love to know what you think. I know that you will be totally honest and I'm lookijng forward to your review. I love the amp and will own one when I get the Credit Cards squared away ;)

Also... for the record..... That is a hopped up single coil that you are hearing on the gain Channel for gods sake.

Hmmmm the JVM sounds cool as hell with all the options, but god damn...I really am not sure if I need that. The VM might be more up my alley, and it seems like it can get as heavy as the JVM. Although if the JVM isn't significantly more $$, maybe I could live with it lol.

-Joe

>|<>QBB<
shredhead666":26db2 said:
>|<>QBB<

And this is a BAD thing? Sounds better than any rectifier I've ever heard.

It just sounds different to me, not necessarily better to me. ALthough I'm not a big Recto fan those Rectos have pretty much dominated since the early 90's and been on countless records, these new Marshalls haven't really proved anything yet.

I'd like to compare the JVM to the MArkIV. I have a feeling that each one will just do it's own thing. And still, the JVM is more straight forward than the MarkIV. The JVM looks very simple to me.

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":e7360 said:
>|<>QBB<

I just listened on the headphones and what struck me was I heard differnt tone qualities as he was switching stuff.

Ralph, of course, I'll be talking about it. I'm sure you're gonna put some time in on Steve's :)

I hear ya on the credit cards. I just paid the SLO off from MF, and got 2 other cards that have to be dealt with
:mrgreen:

Yup! I can't wait to try out Steves!! That said there are a shitload of tones in that amp for sure. I wish that I taped the demo that I saw because I asked the guy to tweek the amp a lot just to make sure that it could do a few things that I dig. One thing that is not that noticeable on the demo is the difference between the two gain channels. The second gain channels is noticeable more scooped... not a hell of a lot more but it starts out with less mids, so if you cut the mids more, you will that scooped bedroom sound hahaha :D

FWIW...... Credit cards are the antichrist!! :D:D Im glad that you at least payed some of the debt off! Im waiting for my tax returns!!

You are going to have a lot of fun with this amp for sure and It's going to take a month for you to even decide if you hate it or not hahha!!

Any of you catch that very Lynchy lick? I am thinking this amp can nail Lynch and bumping the mids on OD2 should be sick.

CAn't wait!

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":c1d19 said:
>|<>QBB<

It just sounds different to me, not necessarily better to me. ALthough I'm not a big Recto fan those Rectos have pretty much dominated since the early 90's and been on countless records, these new Marshalls haven't really proved anything yet.

I'd like to compare the JVM to the MArkIV. I have a feeling that each one will just do it's own thing. And still, the JVM is more straight forward than the MarkIV. The JVM looks very simple to me.

I think OD2 will be their answer to anyone interested in MESA tones :)

I liked both amps alot. In fact I am very surprised at how much gain the VM has. Sounds damn nice. But I know me... I go into hyper gain moods where only a sick high gainr will do. But then I listen to some old EVH or Joe Bonamassa and get into more crunchy stuff. I'm hoping the JVM does all that.

That video was way too close....

That said, he LIED. He said something about not being able to chew gum and do something else - and he was clearly CHOMPING that gum while playing in that one video!

;)

Back