Looks like I get to try the JVM in an hour or so!

• Thread starter Thread starter Greazygeo
  • Start date Start date
Greazygeo
Greazygeo
Yep my shipment came in today!! Now get thru a couple quick jobs so i can play thru it. :)

It rips!! I was very impressed at NAMM, sat thru the demo a couple of times. Nicely voiced and it sounded good thru v30's which im not really crazy about.

I really hope you don't like it, because that means I probably will :mrgreen:

Thanks for the sending the receipt and stuff. You is good people :lol:

>|<>QBB<
thegame":8ffec said:
I really hope you don't like it, because that means I probably will :mrgreen:

Thanks for the sending the receipt and stuff. You is good people :lol:
No problem Gary....sorry I kept forgetting to send it. Let me know how those resistors work out when you get to try them.

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":02bc7 said:
Yep my shipment came in today!! Now get thru a couple quick jobs so i can play thru it. :)

I can't wait to hear your review... :mrgreen:

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":8b68a said:

Cool man, looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

I look forward to your review.

On another note, I called my local store in Montreal and they received a head and a combo but the head is already sold. The price is $1900.00 CAN. I was expecting over $2000 for it.

He's going to call me when the next one comes in.

:o :o

8)

I don't know if the combo is a different size chassis but I suspect it is... so I would really strongly suggest to everyone to order the head and NOT the combo as the combo is probably a bunch of stacked pcb's and is a furnace of heat, just like the 30th Anniversary combo's...
Just a side note from past experience with Marshall 30th Ann...

keith

So I got to play it abit this afternoon. Someone posted about their's squealing. The only time I could get this to squeal is on OD2 red mode with the gain maxxed out. Anything would at that point though!

For me with all the knobs at noon it sounded good on all the channels. That says alot to me. It sounds nothing like a TSL either, I hate those amps and won't even carry them. OD2 when set the same as OD1, OD2 has a tad more low end.

So far the clean and OD1 are my fave channels so far. Need to spend some more time with the others.

The digital reverb is pretty smooth sounding. Not that I ever use reverb though....

I'll dive in more later and try some clips tomorrow afternoon.... I may give the Wizard the night off tonite!

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":d9055 said:
So I got to play it abit this afternoon. Someone posted about their's squealing. The only time I could get this to squeal is on OD2 red mode with the gain maxxed out. Anything would at that point though!

For me with all the knobs at noon it sounded good on all the channels. That says alot to me. It sounds nothing like a TSL either, I hate those amps and won't even carry them. OD2 when set the same as OD1, OD2 has a tad more low end.

So far the clean and OD1 are my fave channels so far. Need to spend some more time with the others.

The digital reverb is pretty smooth sounding. Not that I ever use reverb though....

I'll dive in more later and try some clips tomorrow afternoon.... I may give the Wizard the night off tonite!

Sweet! cant wait to mess the my bud's JVM tonight. Thanks for your input! That dude's head must be a bad one or he just doenst like it.

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":73f23 said:

since you played it it is used now so how much can i get it for georgey boy. nah man i will be up there tommorrow to get some strings and shit so i make fuck with it. Also wish you could come to Wooley Bulley's man, we are having a live radio broadcast plus alot of other shit that can't be disclosed i guess it's cool, plus the art fusion shit during the whole night. we won't play till about 1 am though we have 4 other bands opening up for us, but it'll be cool too bad you gots a gig brotha man

>|<>QBB<
philb":81447 said:
I look forward to your review.

On another note, I called my local store in Montreal and they received a head and a combo but the head is already sold. The price is $1900.00 CAN. I was expecting over $2000 for it.

He's going to call me when the next one comes in.

:o :o

8)
Hey Phil, where did you call? I'm in Montreal, curious if you asked Italmelodie or Steve's...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to daddy! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

>|<>QBB<
CoachZ":91602 said:
>|<>QBB<
Hey Phil, where did you call? I'm in Montreal, curious if you asked Italmelodie or Steve's...

+1, I hope its Italmelodie. Steves can be assholes.

First impressions are its better than any DSL, TSL or JCM800 Ive ever played hands down.

Did it feedback??? No.

Is it the amp for me? Not really.... the Deliverance just fits me better than any Ive owned.

The JVM is mucho versitile. Im just simple one channel guy.

Im thinking I need to stick to more modern tones like the VHT like amps which leads me to believe Im not into the Marsahall tone as much as Id like to believe I was.

Great amp! Sounds better than any Marshall Ive heard in LONG while. Seriously much better than the DSL's or TSL's just not what what Im thinking I want anymore.

Im really begining to think that you have a tone in your head and you try to make all amps sound like that tone. The Deliverance simple one or two channel amps for me and those have come the closest FOR ME.

im dieing to try one of these, ive never really played a marshall i liked, but the clips sound fantastic. On a side note, having such a versatile amp would make me learn more music other than metal, hah.

no squeal what volume did u play,... gonna give mine a rigorous run through if i have time today

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":27dd1 said:
First impressions are its better than any DSL, TSL or JCM800 Ive ever played hands down.

Did it feedback??? No.

Is it the amp for me? Not really.... the Deliverance just fits me better than any Ive owned.

The JVM is mucho versitile. Im just simple one channel guy.

Im thinking I need to stick to more modern tones like the VHT like amps which leads me to believe Im not into the Marsahall tone as much as Id like to believe I was.

Great amp! Sounds better than any Marshall Ive heard in LONG while. Seriously much better than the DSL's or TSL's just not what what Im thinking I want anymore.

Im really begining to think that you have a tone in your head and you try to make all amps sound like that tone. The Deliverance simple one or two channel amps for me and those have come the closer FOR ME.

Which Deliverance did you keep the D60 or D120?

Back