Advice on Studio Equipment

• Thread starter Thread starter CaseyCor
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":1b35d said:
DAW is the way to go, 100%.

Above question still pending. :)
On your question, I think you just need to look at their options thoroughly. I have the Zoom & its good, but not what i would consider if I were charging folks to record them. Id go Yamaha 1600. I know nothing of the Tascam listed. Read reviews & recording forums.

As for DAW vs. Comp. I only use DAW cuz i need portability. Otherwise i would use Comp. All i have to do is open Cool Edit & Im pretty much ready to record. and I will not do any REAL mixing on the DAW.

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":5283f said:
>|<>QBB<

My only problem with PC is that it seems to be a HUGE pain in the ass. I have a friend who runs an M-box on pc, and he spends more time in set-up, and clicking than he does recording. Thats why I went with a DAW instead of just buying an M-box and a couple of hard drives for my laptop. I can scroll through like 2 menus and I'm ready to go.

Just seems alot easier to me, and I get some damned good recordings (will be posting some soon) :D

it's all in what you're used to i guess...my band has a dedicated recording pc, we can get it booted up and start recording in under a minute...even the software navigation is a breeze if you're remotely familiar with it

admittedly tho, it wasn't always that easy...we just found what worked and stuck with it

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":53056 said:
>|<>QBB<

it's all in what you're used to i guess...my band has a dedicated recording pc, we can get it booted up and start recording in under a minute...even the software navigation is a breeze if you're remotely familiar with it

admittedly tho, it wasn't always that easy...we just found what worked and stuck with it

ME = intimidated by most recording software, and now where near enough time to learn it..... Thats why I went with the Tascam, it's one of the easiest DAWs I've come across. I HATED the Roland 1680 I used to have, WAY too many menus. with the Tascam, it's almost as easy as the old cassette 4 tracks..... :D

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":6fc41 said:
>|<>QBB<

My only problem with PC is that it seems to be a HUGE pain in the ass. I have a friend who runs an M-box on pc, and he spends more time in set-up, and clicking than he does recording. Thats why I went with a DAW instead of just buying an M-box and a couple of hard drives for my laptop. I can scroll through like 2 menus and I'm ready to go.

That's his problem. For most people here, it should be as simple as Audacity + the record button.

But if you want a pain in the ass, try cutting and splicing tape. :P

At some point you'll probably regret not going with a pc based system.

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":7d2b7 said:
>|<>QBB<

ME = intimidated by most recording software, and now where near enough time to learn it..... Thats why I went with the Tascam, it's one of the easiest DAWs I've come across. I HATED the Roland 1680 I used to have, WAY too many menus. with the Tascam, it's almost as easy as the old cassette 4 tracks..... :D

that's why i've stuck with adobe audition all these years, the initial recording interface is very user friendly...but when ya wanna get into mixing, editing, and more complex stuff all of the options are still there

if you handed me a decent DAW tomorrow, i'd be totally lost :P

Back