New guitar purchase -- ES-335

• Thread starter Thread starter cibyl
  • Start date Start date
cibyl
cibyl
Picked up a NEW Gibson ES-335 today at my favorite local guitar shop. This shop usually doesn't deal new gear, most used and vintage stuff, but they got about 5 new ES-335 in from another dealer. Got a great deal on it -- it's got a satin finish which I really like, Classic 57 pups, fucking plays like butter. I've always wanted one -- what a great guitar! Sounds killer through both my Stiletto Ace and Tremoverb,...I need to play it through my Emplexador next. I love it:

ES-335.jpg

:love:

congrats, my first guitar was a sunburst es345 with mile high action on it. man i looked like a baby holing that big son of a bitch. i love them my dad got it from a guy that worked from him it was in the closet all during the 80's so my dad got a killer deal and the guy didn't know what he had. great guitars. make that motherfucker sing

Sweet! A friend of mine had one and it was one of the best guitar I've ever tried.

The question I have is can it do metal?:P

...kidding. Congrats, looks nice.

Very nice! I've always wanted one of those, or a Heritage 535.

I have always wanted an ES335 too, you are living the dream man. Enjoy it....

Thanks guys. It's not the top of the line ES-335 you can get but it has the sound and feel I was looking for. I actually like the satin/faded finish personally -- I coulda shelled out about 600 bones more for the glossy finish, bound neck, glover tuners, etc but this suits my "sir hack-alot" style perfectly. I will probably slap on a set of Grovers down the line. Maybe when I'm a better player I'll pick up another one that's more fancy.

8)

BTW, the Classic 57's are hotter than I imagined, they sound really good in this guitar.

We're going to have to get a mini pa/va/md ampfest going, dammit. Gonna make it happen this spring.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":76068 said:
We're going to have to get a mini pa/va/md ampfest going, dammit. Gonna make it happen this spring.

That sounds good to me -- just let me know and I will be there. How are things going Mikey?

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":e4527 said:
Nice guitar!! Years ago I played Cliff C's 335 into his Emplxadors. Smokin' Cream/EJ tones. You're in for TONE!!

Thanks -- Yeah, I need to fire up my Emplexador here soon. I'm thinkin this guitar is gonna sound REALLY good through this amp.

Looks nice Bill! Those record really nice you know....hint hint. 8)

>|<>QBB<
ratter":c5a73 said:
>|<>QBB<

Good, good. The yard apes are keepin' me busy. You?

Not bad -- Job's going well,...along with everything else. The band I'm currently in is,...well, not doing much. Hahaha! I actually auditioned for another band last weekend, they need a singer. Went pretty well, going over again tonight -- hope it works out, the stuff they do is very interesting. If they do choose me I'm gonna see if they let me play some rhythm guit-box. That actually might be a deal breaker for me. I like singing, it's probably what I'm best at, but really I'd like to just play guitar in a band and just do the occasional lead vox and some back up.

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":a1246 said:
Looks nice Bill! Those record really nice you know....hint hint. 8)

Hey George. Hahaha! Yeah, maybe I'll get around to making some clips -- I'm lazy about that. :mrgreen:

So you digging the JVM? I saw your review, sounds pretty cool. Did Jim get to pick his up yet? I know he's excited.

>|<>QBB<
cibyl":41f05 said:
>|<>QBB<

Hey George. Hahaha! Yeah, maybe I'll get around to making some clips -- I'm lazy about that. :mrgreen:

So you digging the JVM? I saw your review, sounds pretty cool. Did Jim get to pick his up yet? I know he's excited.
I am going to play alot with it today and tomorrow and see what I find...I like that it is really easy to dial in and for someone in a gigging situation pretty much all the tonal bases are covered. It even sounds really full at low volumes. They came too late in teh day for me to get Jim's shipped out yet....It'll go out on Monday.

Back