Looks like I get to try the JVM in an hour or so!

• Thread starter Thread starter Greazygeo
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":4062a said:
A good indication that with everything at noon, all channels sound good.
Yep thats what I think too. For me if the amp takes too much extreme eq settings, its either the wrong amp or something else is not a good match.

>|<>QBB<
Dropped_2_C":8e3ab said:
>|<>QBB<

since you played it it is used now so how much can i get it for georgey boy. nah man i will be up there tommorrow to get some strings and shit so i make fuck with it. Also wish you could come to Wooley Bulley's man, we are having a live radio broadcast plus alot of other shit that can't be disclosed i guess it's cool, plus the art fusion shit during the whole night. we won't play till about 1 am though we have 4 other bands opening up for us, but it'll be cool too bad you gots a gig brotha man
Yeah I'll catch you guys sometime. It sounds like that show may be a bit too crazy for me.

The amp seems pretty cool....I know its not a recto, but ya know! :D I thought the V2 was going to come in yesterday too, probably monday though. The D120H came in too...lots of toys to play with!! 8)

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":8c565 said:
First impressions are its better than any DSL, TSL or JCM800 Ive ever played hands down.

Did it feedback??? No.

Is it the amp for me? Not really.... the Deliverance just fits me better than any Ive owned.

The JVM is mucho versitile. Im just simple one channel guy.

Im thinking I need to stick to more modern tones like the VHT like amps which leads me to believe Im not into the Marsahall tone as much as Id like to believe I was.

Great amp! Sounds better than any Marshall Ive heard in LONG while. Seriously much better than the DSL's or TSL's just not what what Im thinking I want anymore.

Im really begining to think that you have a tone in your head and you try to make all amps sound like that tone. The Deliverance simple one or two channel amps for me and those have come the closest FOR ME.

Was there a particular thing that you didn't like? Are you just gonna sell yours then? Good to know the feedback prob was BS. I figured it was pilot error. :D

I have suggested on the other forums to try a low gain pre tube in V1 such as 12AT7, 5751, or 12AU7 to try and eliminate any squeal that might be there. I'm no amp designer, but I bet it helps. :thumbsup:

>|<>QBB<
SQUAREHEAD":894ae said:
I don't know if the combo is a different size chassis but I suspect it is... so I would really strongly suggest to everyone to order the head and NOT the combo as the combo is probably a bunch of stacked pcb's and is a furnace of heat, just like the 30th Anniversary combo's...
Just a side note from past experience with Marshall 30th Ann...

keith

Marshall is known for having heat issues with their combos, a big +1 to this advice.

I wonder if they will come out with a 50W JVM, that would be nice, I like a bit earlier breakup :)

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":7b11c said:
First impressions are its better than any DSL, TSL or JCM800 Ive ever played hands down.

Did it feedback??? No.

Is it the amp for me? Not really.... the Deliverance just fits me better than any Ive owned.

The JVM is mucho versitile. Im just simple one channel guy.

Im thinking I need to stick to more modern tones like the VHT like amps which leads me to believe Im not into the Marsahall tone as much as Id like to believe I was.

Great amp! Sounds better than any Marshall Ive heard in LONG while. Seriously much better than the DSL's or TSL's just not what what Im thinking I want anymore.

Im really begining to think that you have a tone in your head and you try to make all amps sound like that tone. The Deliverance simple one or two channel amps for me and those have come the closest FOR ME.

mmmmm, another less than stellar review. WHat kind of speakers did you play it on?

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":63c5a said:
>|<>QBB<

mmmmm, another less than stellar review. WHat kind of speakers did you play it on?
Well a VHT is alot different than the JVM. And the JVM is probably not going to satisfy someone that wants a simple staightforward amp either.

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":2f3aa said:
>|<>QBB<Well a VHT is alot different than the JVM. And the JVM is probably not going to satisfy someone that wants a simple staightforward amp either.
Hey George, you don't seem overly impressed with the amp. All your comments seem to be pretty neutral. Just wondering what you really think. Is it just because you haven't had enough time to mess with it :? .

I went in today and played the JVM for a few and to be quite honest i think for the price and what it can do it's not bad at all. And as far as the squeal george as my witness the thing was dialed in with max distortion and no squeal in the red mode, so maybe there are some defects or problems with cables or pickups, but the ones at georges store have no problems what so ever. I would buy one

in reference to my other post, what i was implying was that, i have hear a ew people say they squeal, I didn't hear it. My first assumption is the people that tried it either had bad cables maybe a microphonic tube or the pups just feedback. And the cool thing was the presence and resonance knobs, and the reverb. Plus the channels that have the memory and the all, pretty cool.

>|<>QBB<
Dropped_2_C":7c48f said:
And as far as the squeal george as my witness the thing was dialed in with max distortion and no squeal in the red mode, so maybe there are some defects or problems with cables or pickups, but the ones at georges store have no problems what so ever. I would buy one

On the one I have here thats my buddy's there is no "squeal" as in microphic tubes but if you dime the gain in the red on any channel with the volume up on the guitar you get alot of feedback even away from the cab and back to the amp. Maybe something is wrong with the one my buddy got. :?

>|<>QBB<
Dropped_2_C":64124 said:
i think for the price and what it can do it's not bad at all.

Sounds like you're being polite and didn't really dig the amp. Just an observation, no biggie either way.

>|<>QBB<
killertone":ddec0 said:
>|<>QBB<
Hey George, you don't seem overly impressed with the amp. All your comments seem to be pretty neutral. Just wondering what you really think. Is it just because you haven't had enough time to mess with it :? .
I just have not had enough time with the amp yet. Its going home with me tonite and am spending all day goofing around with it tomorrow. Look for clips and such tomorrow as long as my plans don't get changed.

>|<>QBB<
thegame":18968 said:
>|<>QBB<

Sounds like you're being polite and didn't really dig the amp. Just an observation, no biggie either way.

No i am trying not to get gas, i liked it too much but i try to make excuses for reason i don't need shit, trust me i like it , fuck now you got the damn gears rolling in my head

>|<>QBB<
Dropped_2_C":2ac07 said:
>|<>QBB<

No i am trying not to get gas, i liked it too much but i try to make excuses for reason i don't need shit, trust me i like it , fuck now you got the damn gears rolling in my head

Well I'm waiting on my JVM from George so please just be blunt. Does this JVM rock or does it not rock? That my friend is tonights question.

Back