Marty got fired today!

• Thread starter Thread starter crwnedblasphemy
  • Start date Start date
crwnedblasphemy
crwnedblasphemy
:cry: That is just stupid. If i was trying to be a couch in the NFL I would jump at that job!!!

No, he has proven time after time to be a losing coach in the playoffs with Super Bowl caliber teams. He just can't win when it counts and that's the bottom line.

>|<>QBB<
simbasa":c07de said:
No, he has proven time after time to be a losing coach in the playoffs with Super Bowl caliber teams. He just can't win when it counts and that's the bottom line.

+1

When you go 14-2 and you're the #1 seed with home field and you have the best running back since Jim Brown there is no way in Hell you should lose to the Pats. They gave the ball to LT 8 times in that second half, just plain dumb. That's a perfect job for someone to just walk into. I wonder if Parcells would give it one more shot? Although he's not much of a West coast guy.

fuck that piece of shit!

i can't beleave they hired him in the first place.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":bbbd1 said:
...14-2 and you're the #1 seed with home field and you have the best running back since Jim Brown...

...I'd be keeping you on as my head coach. Stupid, stupid move by A.J. Smith.

EDIT: Sorry, I guess Spanos would have made that call.

>|<>QBB<
drucifer":82b35 said:
>|<>QBB<

...I'd be keeping you on as my head coach. Stupid, stupid move by A.J. Smith.

EDIT: Sorry, I guess Spanos would have made that call.

Look at Martys playoff record. If he couldn't win in the playoffs with that team then he never will. I hope they don't do anything stupid like hire Denny Green.

That floored me.... but I still don't want to be a couch. Richard????

Mora jr needed a job too. (fuckin seattle secondary coach???wtf?)

i really think it't time mike ditka got back into coaching this would be good for him. but seriously marty can't win in the playoffs and that is where it counts especially when your team is at that level.

This is the first year Marty ever had a "Super-Bowl caliber team". The rest of the time he's been a coach he did A LOT with not a lot of top tier talent.

He also didn't call the plays on offense or defense so if you want to blame that on someone blame it on the D and O coordinators.

Lastly, Marty wanted to keep Drew Brees because he knew they were close, the GM is the one who wanted to let him go.

They won't do any better without Marty than they did this year. Executing the gameplan is the PLAYERS responsibility. Marty didn't commit any fumbles, penalties, drop any INTs, or throw any INTs......

That's all.......

>|<>QBB<
RO223":1cad4 said:
This is the first year Marty ever had a "Super-Bowl caliber team". The rest of the time he's been a coach he did A LOT with not a lot of top tier talent.

He also didn't call the plays on offense or defense so if you want to blame that on someone blame it on the D and O coordinators.

Lastly, Marty wanted to keep Drew Brees because he knew they were close, the GM is the one who wanted to let him go.

They won't do any better without Marty than they did this year. Executing the gameplan is the PLAYERS responsibility. Marty didn't commit any fumbles, penalties, drop any INTs, or throw any INTs......

That's all.......

I agree. I just think to fire him this late in the couching hunt is a mistake. I mean they better not bring in Norv or someone. Anyone could walk into that job and possibly win a superbowl this year? They are close.

Scroll down to the bottom and look at his playoff record. Sorry, but he has had many chances with 'Super Bowl' caliber teams. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Schottenheimer#Cleveland_Browns

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":ca116 said:
When you go 14-2 and you're the #1 seed with home field and you have the best running back since Jim Brown there is no way in Hell you should lose to the Pats. They gave the ball to LT 8 times in that second half, just plain dumb. That's a perfect job for someone to just walk into. I wonder if Parcells would give it one more shot? Although he's not much of a West coast guy.

I didnt know they had Barry Sanders :?

>|<>QBB<
GnR102385":9aa99 said:
>|<>QBB<

I didnt know they had Barry Sanders :?

LT, is better than Sanders, and he's better than Marshall Faulk too, right now that's my opinion but when he's done his stats will ecplise those 2 as long as he stays healthy. I'm not a fan of the Chargers but that guy is the best back i have seen. He already has the TD record, he can catch as good as most recievers, and he can throw TD passes.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":5b533 said:
>|<>QBB<

LT, is better than Sanders, and he's better than Marshall Faulk too, right now that's my opinion but when he's done his stats will ecplise those 2 as long as he stays healthy. I'm not a fan of the Chargers but that guy is the best back i have seen. He already has the TD record, he can catch as good as most recievers, and he can throw TD passes.
Sanders, had he not retired early, would have all the records. LT is great, and if he stays healthy will finish in the top 5 for sure. But I think Sanders is the best back of all time.

Back