Crispy Creme + Blackmore = ?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
mrp5150
mrp5150
Anyone here ever try the Crispy Creme with an Engl Blackmore? I'm thinking about trying one out...

Dude i recommend either the HBE germania or my new favourite pedal the Smart people Factory Ego booster. (they both made me cream my pants when i tried them today).

I'm just looking for something to use for leads, I won't be using any pedals for rhythms. I've heard the Crispy Creme gives you a nice smooth lead tone, which is what I'm after.

Actually, I guess that should say "Krispy Kreme + Blackmore = Yngwie Malmsteen"

HBE germania IMO or the xotic boost.

Although i have never tried the Krispy creme just going on what i know dude.

The Crispy Cream isnt made anymore Mark but I magine that it would sound AWESOME with it...

Personally, Im not a fan of Germanium based boosts for most things.. the CC is Silicon based and as a rule is much smoother and has more gain on tap...

Find a good Silicon based Treble booster and youll be in business IMO...

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":12804 said:
The Crispy Cream isnt made anymore Mark but I magine that it would sound AWESOME with it...

Personally, Im not a fan of Germanium based boosts for most things.. the CC is Silicon based and as a rule is much smoother and has more gain on tap...

Certified Gear whore Daver101 has one for sale, the silicon version.

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":3ab30 said:

Yeah I know from your description of it it sounds like an amazing pedal. Is it true bypass?

Mark if you dont like it I call dibs, ive always wanted to have a gd treble booster

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":76a20 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah I know from your description of it it sounds like an amazing pedal. Is it true bypass?
Yes it is... Ralphie , ( Gainfreak) turned me on to the pedal and its been my secret weapon ever since.. It makes just about everything sound better IMO...

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":b7017 said:
>|<>QBB<Yes it is... Ralphie , ( Gainfreak) turned me on to the pedal and its been my secret weapon ever since.. It makes just about everything sound better IMO...

Good deal, if Dave still has his for sale, I will buy it. 8)

Oh and I meant to ask you, do you ever use that RV-3 of yours? Just wondering what kind of settings you use on it for leads.

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":133ac said:
>|<>QBB<Yes it is... Ralphie , ( Gainfreak) turned me on to the pedal and its been my secret weapon ever since.. It makes just about everything sound better IMO...

Kage turned me onto it, and It's been my "secret weapon" for a while now too. It's one of the best, if not the best boosts out there for leads.

I have an HBE germania as well and it's got it's uses, but I really prefer the CC.

I didn't know it's not made anymore. :(

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":2a438 said:
>|<>QBB<

Good deal, if Dave still has his for sale, I will buy it. 8)

Oh and I meant to ask you, do you ever use that RV-3 of yours? Just wondering what kind of settings you use on it for leads.
I sold it and I just Sold my Magic Stomp II as well... I used a little reverb and some delay for the singing leads, they were awesome....

I use my intellifex so it was kind of pointless to have them all..

I imagine the Blackmore would scream on leads with the CC. I also suggest looking into an MI-Audio Blues Pro.

And FWIW, with a Blackmore and these pedals a Decimator would come in handy, if you don't already own one.

Back