OT: Wisdom Teeth Suggestions...

• Thread starter Thread starter StevieRaveOn
  • Start date Start date
S
StevieRaveOn
Hey guys,
I go in to get cut tomorrow morning... I'm just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for the experience. I actually have a few extra pain killers in case the guy skimps, so, should be good on that front. I just got back from buying a prodigious amount of pudding, apple sauce, mashed potatoes, broth, juice, V8, smoothies, ice cream, and what not.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":a79e7 said:
Hey guys,
I go in to get cut tomorrow morning... I'm just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for the experience. I actually have a few extra pain killers in case the guy skimps, so, should be good on that front. I just got back from buying a prodigious amount of pudding, apple sauce, mashed potatoes, broth, juice, V8, smoothies, ice cream, and what not.

ask them for a syringe to wash the sockets out with, you will get food in there. Stay on the pain meds and dont let up or you will be sorry. Beer + vicodin is your friend, but be careful. Alcohol plus vicodin can make you super sluggish almost to the point of forgetting how to breathe.

>|<>QBB<
tweed":a3263 said:
>|<>QBB<

ask them for a syringe to wash the sockets out with, you will get food in there. Stay on the pain meds and dont let up or you will be sorry. Beer + vicodin is your friend, but be careful. Alcohol plus vicodin can make you super sluggish almost to the point of forgetting how to breathe.

Word, I need to hit them up for the syringe if they don't hand it over off the bat... I forgot to get frozen peas for ice bags, need to go back and get that.

BTW, I've been looking into the alcohol/lortab thing and all the folks online seem to err on the safe side and not be too forth-coming with what's exactly too much. I know the FDA max dosage of acetaminophen is 4g, so knowing the limit on the lortab is easy math. But, throwing alcohol in the mix and no one's talking. :) It seems to me that a sip of rum every couple of hours can't be that bad...

Any ideas?

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":eba15 said:
>|<>QBB<

Word, I need to hit them up for the syringe if they don't hand it over off the bat... I forgot to get frozen peas for ice bags, need to go back and get that.

BTW, I've been looking into the alcohol/lortab thing and all the folks online seem to err on the safe side and not be too forth-coming with what's exactly too much. I know the FDA max dosage of acetaminophen is 4g, so knowing the limit on the lortab is easy math. But, throwing alcohol in the mix and no one's talking. :) It seems to me that a sip of rum every couple of hours can't be that bad...

Any ideas?

For me a vicodin and a couple of beers does the trick. And when I say a couple of beers I mean drinking them , not slamming them. Well maybe I slam the first have of the first beer but then slow way down. That that combo kicks in you will notice lol.

>|<>QBB<
tweed":91d9a said:
>|<>QBB<

For me a vicodin and a couple of beers does the trick. And when I say a couple of beers I mean drinking them , not slamming them. Well maybe I slam the first have of the first beer but then slow way down. That that combo kicks in you will notice lol.

Werd bro, thanks for the heads up. I figure I'll be incapacitated for most of tomorrow, but I'll begin the experiment Thursday. :D

And yeah, flying_high, I took off the rest of the week, but this is South Louisiana and next week is Mardi Gras, I'm not expected back at work until Wednesday sometime... So, let the magic carpet ride begin.

i'd imagine requiring a soft diet for a bit will sacrifice lots of protein options in your diet.

i'd maybe suggest flavored whey protein powder to mix in w/ yogurt, but that might be too sugery?

also would suggest hummus? most of the soft foods you mention are sugery and or starchy. so having a good source of low fat, high fiber protein might be good for you while you're on the come back. good luck!

Don't smoke, it'll cause dry socket. It's caused by the sucking motion you do during smoking. It'll suck the blood clots out. Same goes for using straws.

Don't worry so much about getting um out? To me it wasn't too bad. I didn't have um stitched up either! are your's going to have stitches?

Anyway...worry more about getting a dry socket. I had one and it sucked balls. hurt like all hell, and my breath smelled and tasted like I was suckin on a cow's asshole.

Ask the dock how to prevent those. I didn't smoke, but i know that is a no no.

>|<>QBB<
deluxemeat":7ed0d said:
i'd imagine requiring a soft diet for a bit will sacrifice lots of protein options in your diet.

i'd maybe suggest flavored whey protein powder to mix in w/ yogurt, but that might be too sugery?

also would suggest hummus? most of the soft foods you mention are sugery and or starchy. so having a good source of low fat, high fiber protein might be good for you while you're on the come back. good luck!

Good point man, I'm wondering how chicken-in-a-blender or the like would work... :) I thinking about getting greek tonight, funny you mentioned it, I might try the hummus after a day or so, I was warned to try and not get any little particles down in there if I can help it.

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":42093 said:
Don't smoke, it'll cause dry socket. It's caused by the sucking motion you do during smoking. It'll suck the blood clots out. Same goes for using straws.

Definitely good point man, I put of the pipe and cigars about a week ago so I wouldn't be missing it too much. I'm trying to avoid that whole dry socket thing like the plague.

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":39203 said:
Don't worry so much about getting um out? To me it wasn't too bad. I didn't have um stitched up either! are your's going to have stitches?

Anyway...worry more about getting a dry socket. I had one and it sucked balls. hurt like all hell, and my breath smelled and tasted like I was suckin on a cow's asshole.

Ask the dock how to prevent those. I didn't smoke, but i know that is a no no.

Yep, supposed to be stitched up from what I'm told... Yeah, I'll definitely get a recap from them, but from what I remember it's don't smoke, no straws, no super hot liquids because they'll dissolve the stitches too soon...

Umm, I'm definitely not having too good a time with the ladies... smelling like I've sucked a cow's ass CAN'T help. :)

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":d1eba said:

this also includes cock sucking for anyone out there

I've got an impacted wisdom tooth I'm getting out next week! Fuck that! I'm nervous!

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":6c9dc said:
>|<>QBB<

this also includes cock sucking for anyone out there

haha, yeah dry socket probably one of the worst things to worry about. that shit sux ass

I used 800mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day for about 3 or 4 days. That was it, and I was pain free. No dry sockets, but the crap that came out of the sockets the day I went back to get them rinsed was horrid!

Have plenty of gauze available. I had stitches for all four and they still bled the whole first day. For me, the worst part was the half hour between when all the drugs wore off and when I got the pain prescriptions filled. I got them just in time, it was starting to get quite uncomfortable. Once I was popping pills regularly, I was fine.

>|<>QBB<
IHateRap":ebad7 said:
Have plenty of gauze available. I had stitches for all four and they still bled the whole first day. For me, the worst part was the half hour between when all the drugs wore off and when I got the pain prescriptions filled. I got them just in time, it was starting to get quite uncomfortable. Once I was popping pills regularly, I was fine.

How often do you have to change the gauze? I heard that's a sucky part.

Also, how long did it take for the sedation to wear off like you were talking about? I've got some extra lortab, so I might just bring one with me for that until I can get my 'script filled.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":4cbff said:
>|<>QBB<

How often do you have to change the gauze? I heard that's a sucky part.

Also, how long did it take for the sedation to wear off like you were talking about? I've got some extra lortab, so I might just bring one with me for that until I can get my 'script filled.

I had to change the gauze around 10 times or so. I could've done more because, at the beginning, it was really saturated. Ewwww.

I had the IV sedation, so I don't remember any of the procedure. Walking out of the place was a little tricky, but when I got home it was back to normal for the most part. The novocaine that was used locally wore off shortly after I got home. It was at that point when things started to hurt....until my drugs arrived. :mrgreen:

So, I would guess it was about 45 minutes later.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out years ago and I had no issues at all. I had it done on a Thursday and went back to work Monday.

I was having a ton of really bad headaches before mine came out, so I was glad to see them go. My wisdoms were impacted and had to be cut out. They were starting to push on my other teeth.

Just make sure to follow the doctors instructions and keep your mouth clean! If I remember right, I did a lot of gargling with salt water.

Good luck!

Back