Marty got fired today!

• Thread starter Thread starter crwnedblasphemy
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
GnR102385":3485d said:
>|<>QBB<Sanders, had he not retired early, would have all the records. LT is great, and if he stays healthy will finish in the top 5 for sure. But I think Sanders is the best back of all time.

I wouldn't put Sanders as the best back because I saw him get totally shut down a few times in the playoffs. There was a game against the Packers where he had 0 yards, i believe. I hated Emmit Smith but in a big game i think i would have taken him over Sanders. Sure Smith had a better offensive line but he found the endzone better than Sanders. Where Barry would be dancing around Emmitt would score a TD.

And nobody comes close to Jim Brown in my book, he still has the most yards per carry and they only played 14 games back then. Barry might have been the most entertaining back ever but if the goal is to win a game there are a few guys i pick over him.

I think that if you put Barry Sanders on the Dallas teams that Smith had, and he would have had 20,000 yards in his career, easy.

>|<>QBB<
GnR102385":985a7 said:
I think that if you put Barry Sanders on the Dallas teams that Smith had, and he would have had 20,000 yards in his career, easy.

Maybe, but we shall never know. Emmitt did benefit greatly from his offensive line that's for sure. And when the defense had to worry about Aikmen and the recievers, the defense had lots to worry about. Man, i fucking hate the Cowboys but that team that won 3 Superbowls was damm good. They almost came back on 49ers the year that Steve Young finally won it all.

And Mega, the best back to ever put on a Rams uniform was Eric Dickerson not Marshall Faulk.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":d8e43 said:
>|<>QBB<

And Mega, the best back to ever put on a Rams uniform was Eric Dickerson not Marshall Faulk.
+1

But trying to get Mark to think rationaly is too much to ask :roll: :lol:

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":45b6b said:
>|<>QBB<

Anyone could walk into that job and possibly win a superbowl this year? They are close.

They can expect to take a step backwards this coming year. Who ever comes in will have to teach a whole new system both O and D to the players. Typically it takes a couple years or more for players to execute a new system naturally instead of thinking then reacting. The purging of their staff by exodus and firing is going to set them back...

>|<>QBB<
simbasa":03132 said:
Scroll down to the bottom and look at his playoff record. Sorry, but he has had many chances with 'Super Bowl' caliber teams. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Schottenheimer#Cleveland_Browns

No need to apologize brah. I didn't read the article from Wikipedia, all I had to see is Cleveland Browns. Again, Marty didn't fumble that ball on the goal line, that game woulda been over. Thank Byner for that, not Marty.

My point is that team still over acheived. Marty is a coach that takes players and motivates them to play beyond how good they are. In the playoffs there is no more masking that, the best players make the plays and win championships.

I didn't know that Philip Rivers wouldn't even have played in the Championship game against the Colts even if the Chargers beat the Pats. he has an injury that could even affect him for the coming year.

>|<>QBB<
RO223":081f8 said:
>|<>QBB<

No need to apologize brah. I didn't read the article from Wikipedia, all I had to see is Cleveland Browns. Again, Marty didn't fumble that ball on the goal line, that game woulda been over. Thank Byner for that, not Marty.

My point is that team still over acheived. Marty is a coach that takes players and motivates them to play beyond how good they are. In the playoffs there is no more masking that, the best players make the plays and win championships.
That's ok...and my point is someone who has lost that many playoff games with good teams- it all comes down to the coach. He's the one in charge. Just like Lovie is to blame for keeping that travesty of a quarteback Grossman in all season. The team lives and dies by his decisions. It really is the bottom line.Thats all.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":ffd84 said:
>|<>QBB<

Maybe, but we shall never know. Emmitt did benefit greatly from his offensive line that's for sure. And when the defense had to worry about Aikmen and the recievers, the defense had lots to worry about. Man, i fucking hate the Cowboys but that team that won 3 Superbowls was damm good. They almost came back on 49ers the year that Steve Young finally won it all.

I'll take Faulk over Dickerson. Faulk was an increcible running back AND wide receiver. In his prime he was absolutely impossible to stop.

>|<>QBB<
GnR102385":1dc17 said:

A lot of guys would have done well with Daryl Johnston as their lead blocker.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":01c22 said:
>|<>QBB<

I'll take Faulk over Dickerson. Faulk was an increcible running back AND wide receiver. In his prime he was absolutely impossible to stop.
He was unstoppable for what, 2 or 3 years? That was only because the rest of the offense was going so well. I would rather have a guy that is going to go for 1600 yards a season, for 10 years, then a guy who gets 1000 running and 1000 receiving for 3 years.

Its hard to compare guys from now to guys from the 70's and 80's, because if someone like Faulk or Sanders played back then, they wouldve destroyed the competition. Players now are so much faster and in better shape.

Now the linebackers are all 240 lbs, and back when Jim Brown and Eric Dickerson played, I think LBs were probably around 190-200. Same goes for linemen, fullbacks, etc

and for the record I'll take Barry Sanders too as best of all time :oops:

Back