got my rectoverb!! [a pic story] ** gut shots added**

• Thread starter Thread starter Neeklaus
  • Start date Start date
Neeklaus
Neeklaus
so i got my sexy ass rectoverb yesterday.
in the style of ss.org's picture stories, here's a the unpacking and a few nice shots.

review below as well

i came in on saturday to find this box in my living room (the wife brought it in)

check out all that tape!
100_3541.jpg

these pussy scissors just won't do...
100_3542.jpg

time to get serious!
100_3543.jpg

oh, why hello thar!
100_3544.jpg

top shot, check out this packing!
100_3545.jpg

double boxed with styrofoam between each one! serious shit right chere
100_3547.jpg

some of the packing material came out with it, puppy investigates
100_3548.jpg

all black, just how i like my ladies.
100_3549.jpg

sexy back shot and some goodies!
100_3550.jpg

mmmm tubey goodness
100_3551.jpg

puppy says "smells like reverb to me".
100_3552.jpg

my little helper also checking out the footswitch and free chorus pedal included
100_3554.jpg

now time to ship this little fucker off.
100_3556.jpg

and a parting shot.
100_3557.jpg

ok so..a few things to say about it.

first and foremost WOW jackbootedthug was more than a pleasure to work with. constant communication (always a good thing while dealing on the web), great packing and a great deal (like i said, he included a free pedal! heh). last night he even called me to make sure everything was ok withit and that i liked it, what a cool guy!

now, the amp!
holy shit. that's all i say when i turn it on. it sounds great (all 4 modes) it really can do beautiful cleans, great pushed bluesy sounds and of course the brewtal metalz.
did i mention this little fucker is loud?!
i took her to practice today and everyone loved it , she hung well with the other guitarists triple recto.

so, yeah i'm more than happy with it and i'd suggest everyone atleast try one out (even the recto haters).

>|<>QBB<
MetalGuitar71990":5f437 said:
I want your dog :(

heh, he's a cool pup. only about 3 months old. hell of a pedigree though
his mother is half dachshund and half chihuahua and his father is a jack russell terrier

pure hell :D

nice edit, btw pepi

nice :twisted:

that screw sticking up in the chassy for the reverb?

i have no clue, i meant to investigate what the deal with that was..but i've been too busy playing it!

never had the chance to stack two heads at once...quite awesome
100_3561.jpg

standard side shot
100_3563.jpg

i've got a few more sexy ones to share..i'll just have to get around to it later...

btw the XXL is for sale...hit me uP!

one day i'll stop posting pics...in the mean time, check out the sexiness

GUTS!
100_3573.jpg

100_3574.jpg

100_3576.jpg

100_3577.jpg

100_3578.jpg

check it out, directions depending on if it's a head or the combo and a copyright date. is this the year my amp was made?
100_3582.jpg

100_3584.jpg

and the serial. anyone able to tell me about the amp from this?

100_3592.jpg

I was expecting crazy guts. Thats rather simple. Last mesa I was in was a roadking and man did that have a lot going on!!! Killer pics. Got any clips of it yet? I love the look of these and the tremoverbs (whats the difference in the btw?) over the look of regular recto's.

nah no clips, i don't have good mic recording capabilities...maybe some day :D

i think the only diff on the rectoverbs and tremoverbs are that rectoverbs are single rectos and with reverb
tremoverbs are dual rectos with tremolo and reverb

generally they seem to be a tad more flexible from what i understand.

infinitely better to my ear.

the other guitarist in my band has a triple recto and his low end is pretty mushy. i remember the first guy i ever jammed with that had a recto, his low end sounded like ass. could just be their settings though...

i will say though, i think my peavey xxl has a thumpier (is that a word?) low end especially at low volumes. but with some volume the rectoverb is just crushing

>|<>QBB<
The Armadillo of leprosy":b99a9 said:
infinitely better to my ear.

the other guitarist in my band has a triple recto and his low end is pretty mushy. i remember the first guy i ever jammed with that had a recto, his low end sounded like ass. could just be their settings though...

The one transformer in your pics is noticeably smaller than what I've seen in Duals and Triples.

The Triples I've played have always had a fairly tight and strong bottom end due to the increased headroom from the power section.

Back