JVM Owners Inside

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
yngzaklynch
yngzaklynch
Got the amp and it's got a lot of flexibility to say thye least. It is definitely a Marshall tone wise. Can easily nail the JCM800 tone and modern tones. Is a breeze to play though. The Reverb is real nice. Sounds good at low volumes. I can get feed back with the gain cranked and if I'm real close to the amp but thats it. I do here a slight pop when switching between Master Volumes. Now some question...

The long cord is for the footswitch right? Short cord is a extra speaker cable? My only issue is that I cannot get my delay pedal or Magic Stomp to work in either FX LOOP?????????????????? I tried the wet/dry knob and the -10dB/+4dB. I mean you can tell the delay effect is there but man does the whole amp sound real fuked up. Help!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that the footswitch cable is just a plain tip/ring guitar cable, maybe they give you two different sizes???

The loop......I have no idea and nobody has said anything about the loop with their reviews.

Get ahold of George.

Aren't there two different loops on the JVM? Have you tried the serial loop instead of the parallel loop?

Edit. Oops. I see that you tried both loops

The footswitch works with any standard guitar cable. Im not sure what the problem is with the loop but it sounds like you may have a bad cable. Are you using your cables or the ones that came with the amp? I would use your cables for the effects loop. I can't give you a buzz right now because my workplace sprung a leak and I have to move some pc's before they go under water!!!

I think we got it squared away....may have been just a bad cable and or the loop overloading the input of his delay pedal. He switched to the magic stomp and it seemed to be working fine.

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":d5578 said:
I think we got it squared away....may have been just a bad cable and or the loop overloading the input of his delay pedal. He switched to the magic stomp and it seemed to be working fine.

You just may have saved a man's life :D

I'll give a review tonight. Gotta get the kid fed and get ready for work. Things seem to be working fine. The only time switching between the Masters pops is if they're set about the same, otherwise no pop is heard.

It's not as tight as the Mk IV but man does it sound bad ass! Different beast but bery cool.

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":9a8c0 said:
I'm wondering how these amps are in Bumfuck, USA and not LI, NY where Korg is?

I was wondering the same thing but I was told by a few people it was because they only produced a certain amount of JVM's and the had to spread the shipment out between many locations.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":ce154 said:
This is one of the things that drives me nuts about effects in a loop. Some effects work with some amp, some don't. I HATE THAT! Alot of times when I change amps, I'll have to change my effects setup to get it to work without sucking tone or introducing hum and stuff.

But... I can't stand delay, reverb, or chorus into the front of an amp. I wish I could just play dry for the rest of my life and not even worry about effects or loops, but I can't. I can do some shows dry (when there are two guitar players), but when I'm the only guitarist, I need delay and crap to fill out the sound during leads.

You are preaching to the choir!! That is one of the main reasons why I switched to a slave rig back in the da. It made any effect sound cristal clear... The downside was the amoun of shit you needed to carry and I only got to play a few shows with that setup because the 80's tanked!! :D

Man, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a JVM based on what I've been reading. My big question tho is whether at least one channel can get a scooped tone for the Godsmack/Disturbed type tunes my cover band plays. Can anyone let me know? Thanks.

loop thing adressed in JVM410.com, again just trying to stick all the info together... I'm glad you guys like the JVM.

S.

>|<>QBB<
jisham":ba05f said:
Man, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a JVM based on what I've been reading. My big question tho is whether at least one channel can get a scooped tone for the Godsmack/Disturbed type tunes my cover band plays. Can anyone let me know? Thanks.

OD2 is tweaked scooped and should get you close to what you are looking for imo.

>|<>QBB<
jisham":124b1 said:
Like Scott said, I think OD2 will get you there.....

BTW if anyone is looking for one...I have one left.

Guys, just so you know, Santiall is the guy who designed the JVM and the new line of Marshalls (Correct me if Im wrong bro but I think I've got it right!!)
It's great to have him here and on the JVM site!!
Santiall...... You make a mean amp brother!!! :rawk:

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":0216d said:
Guys, just so you know, Santiall is the guy who designed the JVM and the new line of Marshalls (Correct me if Im wrong bro but I think I've got it right!!)

WOW!! If this is true thats very cool!!

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":bed8e said:

After speaking Sunday I thought you were somehow involved here :wink:

Back