JVM Owners Inside

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
Yup! It is awesome and they guy just flat out rules!!

Just to clear up what I said earlier..
(Correct me if Im wrong bro but I think I've got it right!!)

I was asking Santiall if he designed all 3 of the new amps which I'm almost positive that he did. I know 100% that he designed the JVM. I was only 98% positive that he designed the VM and the KK :D

nono, the VM is designed by Steve Dawson a colleague and friend of mine. The VM is a wonderful amp, completely different to a JVM and he deserves his credits for that.

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":caf95 said:
nono, the VM is designed by Steve Dawson a colleague and friend of mine. The VM is a wonderful amp, completely different to a JVM and he deserves his credits for that.

Thanks Santiall!! I guess I should have been 20% sure instead of 98% :D !! So is it safe to say that you designed the JVM and the Kerry King?
It's great to have you here!

>|<>QBB<
killertone":781ae said:
>|<>QBB<
Should be. It is the tube closest to the input jack.

Cool. Im thinking putting a AU7 in V2 should be the first thing to try. Since V1 and V2 are gain. Im thinking putting two UA7's may knock down the gain too much.

Very freaking cool we have the designer of the newest high gain Marshall here!!!!

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":47507 said:
>|<>QBB<

Thanks Santiall!! I guess I should have been 20% sure instead of 98% :D !! So is safe to say that you designed the JVM and the Kerry King?
It's great to have you here!

yes, you may say that. I am the responsible of the switching delays, the pops, the low gain, lack of dynamics, the feedback... let's see what's next :lol:
Obviously there is a bunch of other colleagues in the drawing office, p. engineering, production etc etc making sure that the amps we design reach the customer and we are all very happy of the feedback we are having (of curse people's feedback, not the JVM feedback problem :lol: )

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":bb43c said:
>|<>QBB<

yes, you may say that. I am the responsible of the switching delays, the pops, the low gain, lack of dynamics, the feedback... let's see what's next :lol:
Obviously there is a bunch of other colleagues in the drawing office, p. engineering, production etc etc making sure that the amps we design reach the customer and we are all very happy of the feedback we are having (of curse people's feedback, not the JVM feedback problem :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":e9fb5 said:
>|<>QBB<Got it and replied.....

:x :x :x hey spam goes in the spam thread buddy. i know where you work and live and i have your number :x :x :x shits getting old lol damn those are sweet amps george i am surprised you haven't got yourself one yet

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":13654 said:
>|<>QBB<

I went in to the ISO booth at NAMM KNOWING I was going to hate the amp and then I hear that the demo will be using the one speaker that I also do not like at all and I went back 3 more times just to make sure I was not hearing things.

I have one coming and congrats on a fantasic job!

Man how cool is this we have the actaul designer here with us! ma thats sweet!

Good work Santiall! IMHO you've designed one of the best multi channel switchers Ive played.

>|<>QBB<
Dropped_2_C":f78bd said:
>|<>QBB<

:x :x :x hey spam goes in the spam thread buddy. i know where you work and live and i have your number :x :x :x shits getting old lol damn those are sweet amps george i am surprised you haven't got yourself one yet
I know where you live as well! :twisted: I'll bring some more snow over for you to shovel. :lol:

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":76245 said:
Man how cool is this we have the actaul designer here with us! ma thats sweet!

Good work Santiall! IMHO you've designed one of the best multi channel switchers Ive played.

Pretty f'n cool! Now if i just had one!! I'm going nuts over here!!

Hey Santiall, would putting a low gain valve like a UA7 in V1 or V2 knock down the range of gain on the amp and help with being able to get more rang out of the knobs before feedback??

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":f8d86 said:
Is V1 the one with the metal cover?
Why not just use the lower gain modes? Using a 12aU7 would most likely be kinda the same thing.

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":de418 said:
>|<>QBB<Why not just use the lower gain modes? Using a 12aU7 would most likely be kinda the same thing.

Oh your right and thats what I do, I just like playing around with the tubes to see what it does. If I can knock it down a bit Im thinking it would make all the modes more useful to me.

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":18fbd said:
>|<>QBB<

:hys: :hys:

You da man!!!! I just laughed my arse off :D

Back