SPAM: MKIV, G-Major and FCB1010

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":fd5a2 said:
Can you go lower on the Mk IV?

Make me an offer.

thanks

Be carefull with that Savage guy. He might take a picture of the amp layed out on the floor and ask you if that's low enough. :D

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":34205 said:
>|<>QBB<

Be carefull with that Savage guy. He might take a picture of the amp layed out on the floor and ask you if that's low enough. :D
Damn...that would've been very clever!

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":b6ca4 said:
>|<>QBB<

Have you tried putting a mesa SPecial 12ax7 in the v1 slot (the one that has a piece of material wrapped around the tube?)

I'm not getting the wind tunnel effect anymore but now once out of every 20 minutes or so the high end completely rolls off, as if someone walks over and lowers the 6600 slider below the middle line. After a few seconds it comes back. But for all the crap that the IV has on it, i usually just use one setting. Simulclass, pentode, with the EQ on, and i gave up on R2. So i figure why don't i just get a MarkIII. Out of the III's and IIC+'s i have played the IV is my least favorite out of them. I still like them all but i prefer the III's and II's.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":91197 said:
>|<>QBB<

I'm not getting the wind tunnel effect anymore but now once out of every 20 minutes or so the high end completely rolls off, as if someone walks over and lowers the 6600 slider below the middle line. After a few seconds it comes back. But for all the crap that the IV has on it, i usually just use one setting. Simulclass, pentode, with the EQ on, and i gave up on R2. So i figure why don't i just get a MarkIII. Out of the III's and IIC+'s i have played the IV is my least favorite out of them. I still like them all but i prefer the III's and II's.

I had the same problem that you described and using a Mesa SP12ax7 fixed it. The problem was that I did not like the Mesa tube so I tried a few preamp tubes until the problem wass fixed. a JJ worked just like the mesa, so I stopped there!! That said, I think a MKIII is better for what you want in the Boogie realm. I happen to love my MKIV but out of all my Boogies, it is the most tempermental.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":f19f1 said:
>|<>QBB<

I had the same problem that you described and using a Mesa SP12ax7 fixed it. The problem was that I did not like the Mesa tube so I tried a few preamp tubes until the problem wass fixed. a JJ worked just like the mesa, so I stopped there!! That said, I think a MKIII is better for what you want in the Boogie realm. I happen to love my MKIV but out of all my Boogies, it is the most tempermental.

I may have one of those, I'll try it. If i was gigging out on a regular basis the IV would probably be the best bet. If they tweaked R2 and gave the amp a solo boost then the IV would be one of the best channel switchers ever, not that it doesn't argueabley compete but with all the new channel switchers out there, the IV could use a facelift.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":d0d7e said:
>|<>QBB<

I may have one of those, I'll try it. If i was gigging out on a regular basis the IV would probably be the best bet. If they tweaked R2 and gave the amp a solo boost then the IV would be one of the best channel switchers ever, not that it doesn't argueabley compete but with all the new channel switchers out there, the IV could use a facelift.

r2 is useless to me as a crunch channel on both versions of the MKIV's. I have always said from day 1 that R2 was lame and is a HUGE downfall to the MKIV. I have been a boogie fan since the 80's but they are quickly going the way of many other popular amp mfgs in not listening to what players want. IMHO Mesa should take notice of what Marshall is doing and that is something that I thought I would never say. I would use the JVM over the MKIV in a coverband in a NY min and thats saying something.

Dude, if I was in the mood for a Mark (and hadn't just purchased another recto), I'd jump all over that mo-fo.

>|<>QBB<
Random Hero":be5b0 said:
I might have missed it, but why are you selling Bob?

I have four amps, don't need four amps, and want to setup a small pedal board to use with my D60.

>|<>QBB<
King Crimson":42f03 said:
>|<>QBB<

What does that mean?

Oh, Snap!
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The phrase, "Oh, Snap" is a common slang term used to convey surprise or shock. It was coined by American Rap superstar Biz Markie in his hit single, Just a Friend, then popularized even further by Peter Stormare in a recent Volkswagen TV ad. It has become a staple in pop culture and catchphrase history as one of the more popular rap-inspired phrases. It has also seen success as a sort of retaliation to an insult or Your Mom joke, in the same manner as, "Oh, I know (s)he didn't!"

:D

dayuuuuum! ALWAYS when i'm broke! iv and a gmajor is what i'm planning on getting...soon. sure bob, i move outta dago and this is what happens? DIE SAVAGE, DIE! LACES OUT!

Still here??? Not a good sign at all Bob.

Since the market is dried up in regards to MK IVs Digi Retro music salvage is here to help and sent you PMs.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":95f37 said:
>|<>QBB<

Dudes are still waiting on tax returns, the money will come.

The good thing is I'm in no hurry. The bad thing is, I'm in a hurry.

Back