You guys remember that Bogner XTC that I posted?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the xtc classic when I played it. I have to say the xtc is one of the best amps for lead. I think when mark trys it with his maxon he will dig it. If derekb can get some heavy tones out of it then I'm sure mark can. I want a classic but I didn't know they were going that high, I though a used one was about 2800.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":aa519 said:
Well...I just won the auction for it. :o :o :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086862777&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

I was in my friends room when the auction was ending, so I forgot to login under my name, but no big deal. I only bought it to try out, if anyone here wants to buy it, I'll sell it for the same price I paid. I am retarded, I know...but I had to get it. \:D/

Dang man, are they going for that much now? I thought the Classic's sold between $2800-$3000 used.

So this is the point where Mark finally loses it... :o

Britney Spears style! :la:

Mark's shaving his head :cheer:

Mark needs ---> :help:

:axe:

>|<>QBB<
metalpoida":37e87 said:
So this is the point where Mark finally loses it... :o

Britney Spears style! :la:

Mark's shaving his head :cheer:

Mark needs ---> :help:

:axe:

:hys:

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":835a2 said:
>|<>QBB<

Dang man, are they going for that much now? I thought the Classic's sold between $2800-$3000 used.

They usually do, but that one has the A/AB option, so it went for a lot higher.

As I said, if anyone here wants it, I'll sell it to you for the same exact price I paid. :)

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":6da0d said:
As I said, if anyone here wants it, I'll sell it to you for the same exact price I paid. :)

I'll trade you for a MKIV and a G-Major. That's my final offer.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":6d2f6 said:
>|<>QBB<

How long did it take you playing it to find all of your tones?

About a minute. There are no bad sounds in that amp. I usually just cut back on the bass a bit. Set the Excursion on tight or medium and it's all good. Gotta turn the presence up alot though. The taper is interesting. It's very subtle up until 2:30-3:00 then after that it's very very touchy.

Sounds super thick and meaty right now on the Red channel.

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":a2b3d said:
Holy fuck! Is that what they're going for used? I'm a rich man! LOL! :D

I was just thinking that. That seems overpriced to me... But I dont know the going rates so maybe its on point. :?

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":58419 said:
>|<>QBB<

That's what I like to hear, considering I will only have it for a very short time! :D

Bear in mind, even though the amp has a ton of gainm, it's not a modern metal tone. Not sure how you'll like it. It's very thick and brown-sounding.

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":b6835 said:
>|<>QBB<

I was just thinking that. That seems overpriced to me... But I dont know the going rates so maybe its on point. :?

I agree... It's way too much money for any amp.

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":3d5df said:
>|<>QBB<

Bear in mind, even though the amp has a ton of gainm, it's not a modern metal tone. Not sure how you'll like it. It's very thick and brown-sounding.

I think I'll like it, I bet the lead tones are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back