JVM Owners share your thoughts

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Santiall":f60c6 said:
>|<>QBB<

VM and JVMs are not comparable, of course people will say that the VM gets a much better Plexi sound and that the JVM is much better for death metal... but that doesn't mean that any of those amps are better than the other nor they pretend to be, they are just plainly different amps and targeted for different kind of musicians. Some people that prefer the VM will react saying that the JVM is cr@p and the other way round, but we are all smart enough to know what we are talking about (aren't we?)

What you guys have to do is to place an order of 10 VMs and then compare them to the JVMs :lol:

On that note...

Buy and use what you like. People like to trash-talk a lot on many forums (this one less than others, by far) and generally, it has nothing to do with the subject, but ends up being more about being part of a "team" - and of course, the mud-slinger team is the one everyone wants to be a part of, since it's the easiest and has the most 'influence" over uneducated people.

Sorry, I guess I'm looking at how psychology plays into it more so than the actual item.

Im still liking the JVM for what it does and what it sounds like. My VHT sounds different and I like the way it sounds for what it does.

Bottom line is there are people out there who like to be "different" and slag on the new kid on the block. Why they are even comparing them to the VM or DSL is way beyond stupid.

I haven't really been following any of the JVM stuff. Seems like a good amp, I'm just not a huge fan of Marshalls. I had a Voodoo Modded JCM 900 SL-X and it sounded terrible. :neutral:

I believe we offered to revoice this to your liking?

Trace

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":d37ba said:
Im still liking the JVM for what it does and what it sounds like. My VHT sounds different and I like the way it sounds for what it does.

Bottom line is there are people out there who like to be "different" and slag on the new kid on the block. Why they are even comparing them to the VM or DSL is way beyond stupid.

People have compared the 1959SLP to the 2203 for decades.

Actually, I really don't have that many amps these days. Thus the quick turnaround on the 5:25!

>|<>QBB<
voodooamps":cd7a9 said:
I haven't really been following any of the JVM stuff. Seems like a good amp, I'm just not a huge fan of Marshalls. I had a Voodoo Modded JCM 900 SL-X and it sounded terrible. :neutral:

I believe we offered to revoice this to your liking?

Trace

You didn't mod it for me Trace, I just bought it used from someone else, and it was already modded. I wasn't bashing your work at all, and I'm sure you could have got it sounding great for what I wanted, but I just decided that amp wasn't for me.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":78b40 said:

I do like it.

It has a ton of good sounds. not sure if they are great though.. It is fun to play... I jammed with some friends last night and it cut very well..

I am struggling a bit with od 1 and od 2 as there seems to be some brittle top end that sounds and feels kinda sterile. I really like the clean and crunch modes.

All in all good but not sure if it is all I had hoped.. maybe some more tweaking.

>|<>QBB<
Jdub":0f52c said:
>|<>QBB<

I do like it.

It has a ton of good sounds. not sure if they are great though.. It is fun to play... I jammed with some friends last night and it cut very well..

I am struggling a bit with od 1 and od 2 as there seems to be some brittle top end that sounds and feels kinda sterile. I really like the clean and crunch modes.

All in all good but not sure if it is all I had hoped.. maybe some more tweaking.

Sup Bro!

I got your message late on Monday! Sorry I didn't get back to ya!!

So you went out and bought a JVM huh!! That said, keep tweaking bro!!
:D

>|<>QBB<
Jdub":9d702 said:
>|<>QBB<

I do like it.

y0 Jason!!!

Hows the fishing over there???

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":b4a4f said:
>|<>QBB<

Sup Bro!

I got your message late on Monday! Sorry I didn't get back to ya!!

So you went out and bought a JVM huh!! That said, keep tweaking bro!!
:D

Yo Ralphie,
Yeah, been trying to call you but no luck. I did buy one and am tweaking. Did you find it kinda brittle on the top end when you played it at NAMM?

Keep in touch.

Jason

>|<>QBB<
donbarzini":f954d said:
>|<>QBB<

I know what you mean about the brittle top end, it's not that bad but I can hear it. I'm wondering if a bias change or maybe just some different preamp tubes will help. I really love the verstility of this amp, just need to experiment a bit more.

Yeah I hear ya. it is not bad, but something sounds a bit off to me, then again I am used my xtc 100b and it is soooo smooth. The JVM is fun as hell to play through. it is very easy to play but just gotta work around the tinny top end. Almost has a solid state kinda thing going on.

Since this is a mass production item I'd reserve judgment until the valve section is set up as well as it can be. I would imagine that Marshall is not screening out marginal tubes on it's assembly lines. Today's valves stink compared with even those made in the 80's. That being said there are some good tubes still being made....are they being installed in the JVM at the factory ? I doubt it. I bet this amp would sound killer with the right valves and bias job (IMHO of course).

>|<>QBB<
donbarzini":964d5 said:
Different opinions, I think the loop is one of the best I've tried.

I am happy with loop myself. it is easy to match volumes with the dry signal and does not pop when engaged like some other amps i know.. sorry reinhold (damn relays)

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":f4415 said:
>|<>QBB<

Steve, a Marshall with pedals is a great sound, but you're limited with the type pedals you use.
Even then, you would need 12 different ones to even start to try and cop what this head does. None of the clips I heard sound fizzy, and the loop on any recent Marshall works fine.

You're comparing it to amps that gey ONE sound...
This gets 12. Cameron Marshall gets how many? One?

do you have a JVM Carl? Played one? curious as to your opinions?.

>|<>QBB<
snider":7351f said:
My bandmate had one and sent it packing the next day.I didn't hear it. He said the loop sucked and although it was an ok amp he thought it lacked compared to his Cameron modded superbass and any old Marshall with pedals. He said there was a modern fizz factor that he didn't care for. I still want to try one.

Hi Steve,

Hows things?

Back