Cameron High gain Jose clip (quicky)

• Thread starter Thread starter argonaut4
  • Start date Start date
A
argonaut4
I purchased some new recording equipment and finally had a chance to get it up and running this past weekend. I recorded some quicky rhythm tracks to test it out.

In true Argo form, i threw a mic in front of the cab, loaded a backing, and hit record. I wasn't going to post anything until I put something good together....but what the hell, nobody would believe it's one of my tracks unless it sounded like it was done in haste and with cold fingers. :mrgreen:

Two rhythm tracks, no post tweaking... Hi/Lo Jose SLP, SM57 on H30, my ghetto strat... I usually cut the gain when i record, but this amp is so fun to play I left it cooking. Recorded at very low volume...could easily talk over it. Thanks to B.S. for the Bonham tracks! I never grow tired of them. Thanks to Mark Cameron, your amps ROCK!

Rockin' with my cock out!

Fuck you that doesn't sound like it was done in haste or with cold fingers!!!
That sounded great man!!
No lie.

Would have sounded way better with a SL-1 :P

:D

Sounds great bro..what did you end up getting for a recording rig??

That sounds awesome!!!

Man my next Cameron has gotta be a Jose mod..

Thanks dudes! I have the amp set really saturated (it's very versatile) but it's so damn fun to play that way. It's brown yet super tight. I thought I captured some of its essense (that's why I ended up posting it). My Aldrich is even tighter and meaner.

Scott, I ended up getting the E-MU 1616M..so far..so good

Ja that rips..I need someone to help me to get these backing tracks so I can dick with my recording like this instead of just guitars....can you give a brother some help!

Holy smokes dude, that sounds awesome! I would have sworn you were pushing some air with the speakers on that one, but I see it was recorded quietly. That thing must sound massive cranked!

>|<>QBB<
argonaut4":526cb said:
Thanks dudes! I have the amp set really saturated (it's very versatile) but it's so damn fun to play that way. It's brown yet super tight. I thought I captured some of its essense (that's why I ended up posting it). My Aldrich is even tighter and meaner.

Scott, I ended up getting the E-MU 1616M..so far..so good

Hey bro, i got an Aldrich mod too. Whats your fav pre and power tubes for it?

You took my advice and bought that piece of crap huh :o

Nice little rig for sure, hope it works out for ya :)

>|<>QBB<
tubesteakfortone":bfde4 said:
Ja that rips..I need someone to help me to get these backing tracks so I can dick with my recording like this instead of just guitars....can you give a brother some help!

It's pretty easy. Just import the backing of your choice to your recording software and then go from there. I don't have many backings, but they're posted all over the place.

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":a8d2c said:
>|<>QBB<

Hey bro, i got an Aldrich mod too. Whats your fav pre and power tubes for it?

I haven't experimented too much with the tubes yet, but so far i'm really liking chinese in the pre and winged C in the power. I had some new Mullards in the power for awhile and that sounded pretty good, too. They were a lot thicker in the mids and tamer on the highs. The winged Cs sound much more alive and are my favorite, though. I didn't like the svets at all. The Aldrich kicks all kinds of ass!

Thanks all for the kind words! It's much appreciated. i'll lay some lead tracks on the next one.

Back