Should I be pissed? Eurotubes transaction

• Thread starter Thread starter shred-o-holic
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":0163a said:
>|<>QBB<

Haven't got em yet LOL.......no offense taken at all.... 8)

Good thanks. I duuno. Proof will be in the pudding as they say. So you don't have any other EL34s to test with? I assume not or you would have. edit: duh. like you said... tested... shat I get for posting while working.

Still. I think it's dicky for him to take that position with you.

>|<>QBB<
sah5150":9b8d5 said:
>|<>QBB<

Dude - Why did you apologize? You did nothing wrong...

Steve

LOL that's just it....I didn't do anything...he caught me off guard....I was more surprised and confused about the phone call......I was saying well maybe it was user error.....but I did everything I said I did LOL..it was so not pissed....I was more or less shrugging my shoulders over the whole thing....wierd... :o

That's normal operating procedure for that guy. I've even heard stories of him accusing people of lying when his tubes show up DOA.

One guy on the Boogie Board bought some rectifier tubes from him. When he installed them and turned on his amp the fuse blew and the amp shut down immediately. He put in a new fuse and put his old rectifier tubes back in and had no problems. He put the put the JJ's back in and bam the fuse pops again. He calls up Bob to tell him and Bob doesn't believe him...he tells the guy to replace the 3amp fuse that his amp uses with a 4amp fuse. Can you believe that shit? :?

>|<>QBB<
Kung-Fool":61f5f said:
That's normal operating procedure for that guy. I've even heard stories of him accusing people of lying when his tubes show up DOA.

One guy on the Boogie Board bought some rectifier tubes from him. When he installed them and turned on his amp the fuse blew and the amp shut down immediately. He put in a new fuse and put his old rectifier tubes back in and had no problems. He put the put the JJ's back in and bam the fuse pops again. He calls up Bob to tell him and Bob doesn't believe him...he tells the guy to replace the 3amp fuse that his amp uses with a 4amp fuse. Can you believe that shit? :?

That's all it takes on the net... I'm sticking with Doug.

>|<>QBB<
Kung-Fool":4b460 said:

replace it with a bigger fuse? that is NOT a good idea...youll just likely blow other stuff up down the line before the fuse blows (which is why its there...to prevent that).

im going with Doug when i get tubes next time.

>|<>QBB<
Kung-Fool":cfc30 said:

Wow.....OK now I guess I'm starting to see other peeps have had run ins with him......I pretty much ignored the other stories as I always assumed the worst of his detractors....I guess it's shame on me..

I wouldn't say that Shread. You did say that you've had good transactions with him in the past.

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":6c1ce said:
I wouldn't say that Shread. You did say that you've had good transactions with him in the past.

True man.....his tubes have been great.......I actually really like JJ's.....does Doug sell them? :wink:

>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":ad439 said:
>|<>QBB<

True man.....his tubes have been great.......I actually really like JJ's.....does Doug sell them? :wink:

i believe he does actually...i think ive seen them on his site before!

I re-tubbed my B-52 last year, before I sold it. I asked him about bias voltage suggestions, and he recomended some insanely high number. I asked him if he was sure about that, since the manufacturer recomended a much lower number.

He got all asshole-ish about me questioning his judgement and wasting his time. That was the first and last $120 of my money he'll ever see.

Oh, and his time is apparently EXTREMELY valuable and important.

By the way, some folks have ruined their shit on his bias voltage suggestions for an AT-100. Alegedly.

Wow, him and that guy from Synergy Guitars should go into business together.

And Doug's Tubes for the win, he was extremely helpful and easy to order from. Tubes came quickly, and sounded great.

I have had NO experience with Eurotubes, but anyone who treats customers like that will not see any of my business.

Not that it matters though...I have been dealing exclusively with Doug for quite a while and can not see a reason to go anywhere else :wink: . His service is exceptional, prices are fair, he tests all his tubes, is knowledgeble and stands behind every tube he sell.

I got a bad 6L6GC from him a few years ago and he didn't even make me send it back, he just sent me a new one. He's always been a nice guy to me, so I don't know what the heck's going on with him. He used to have a really great rep for customer service (especially on the Peavey forum), and now he seems to be having all these issues. Makes you wonder if there's something going on we don't know about?

Anyway, I've had great recent dealings with Doug, so I'd give him a shot from now on. I would NEVER do business with someone that talked to me like that on the phone, regardless of how good previous transactions were.

Bob got shitty with me once. Bought some E34L's, one lit up orange after a couple days, and took the other out. Bias was right, and the amp was new.

He sent me new ones, at no charge, but was kind of a dick about it. Been doing business with him for years. He gets a wild hair up his ass sometimes, I guess. Not the first time I've heard of it.
One tube went bad - period. He did everything he could to blame me.

I've since moved on to Doug's tubes as well. I don't normally re-tube all JJ anyway, in any amp. Too many get farty sounding, so I mix them up.
Doug's got them all.

Back