I just want to be like Vlad!

• Thread starter Thread starter ratter
  • Start date Start date
spit1.jpg

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":687d2 said:
>|<>QBB<

I wish it came out his nose!
When you type in "coffee spray" or "coffee spit" into google images all you get is that guy, or the shaved bum guy. :D

Ok, here's my MV....click for super-ginormo version. Vlad, or any of you other tech-minded folks, can you let me know if this is kosher?

>|<>QBB<
ratter":4c10e said:
Ok, here's my MV....click for super-ginormo version. Vlad, or any of you other tech-minded folks, can you let me know if this is kosher?

That looks right to me... :?

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":3ced8 said:
>|<>QBB<

That looks right to me... :?

Yeah, me too. Except if I'm reading right, the bias resistors are stock values, unlike yours, yeah?

I might just remove it and see where that gets me. Needs a retube too...

>|<>QBB<
ratter":03a98 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, me too. Except if I'm reading right, the bias resistors are stock values, unlike yours, yeah?

I might just remove it and see where that gets me. Needs a retube too...

What is the value of the pot?
How old are the filter caps?

>|<>QBB<
Vrad":aac9a said:
>|<>QBB<

What is the value of the pot?
How old are the filter caps?

Pot...no idea. Can't find a value stamped on it. Filter caps are O-riginal! No signs of leakage, but yeah, they're oooold.

I think what I'll do is take the master out completely and see how I like it with just the HP. Then if I want to try the master again, I'll buy a new good pot, or the kit from Metro...

You may want to try 22nF coupling caps for the PI. Those 100nFs of a SB are pretty low for a PPIMV - just IMO of course - from experience with a '70 SB/PPIMV.

Thanks Olaf! Is changing the screen grids a tonal thing, or is there some other reason?

Safety for the tubes mostly.
Your SGRs are old (and worn). Just use 1k/5 Watt ceramics and keep the old resistors if you should sell it again . . .
. . .although a lot of Rs and Cs had been replaced already, so it doesn't matter if you improve the safety by adding four new Rs IMO.

Of course some guys are way too anal about the originality status of amps . . .

Back